Lone striker role (also Q re: suitability rating vs in-game attributes)

Hi guys, wondering if some of you could offer a few opinions on what to do with my Leeds team.

I'm playing a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3 DM in-game). The 2 wingers are inside forwards (A) with the instruction to sit narrower. The 2 full backs are both very attacking with the instruction "stay wider". The thinking is that the wingers attack the gaps inside the full backs and ensure the striker isn't too isolated, whilst the full backs keep the width and either a) drag the opp. FB wide, creating more space or b) provide an outlet to cross from plenty of space. 

So far, this part has been working fine, I'm dominating possession in every game with the majority of my attacks coming from these areas. My problem is that whilst the wingers get some chances, no chances are falling to my striker. So far I've tried Chris Wood there as an Advanced Forward, he's more of a threat when the attack goes through the full backs, but this minimises the influence that my wingers have. I've also tried Mahatma Otoo as a Deep Lying Forward (S), this has the opposite effect - more threat from the wingers moving inside but nobody for the full backs to aim for in the box. I was tempted to try him as a Deep Lying Forward (A), but I'm not keen on having all 3 of my attackers on the "Attack" duty. I then considered playing him as  Complete Forward (S) as he would still look to link up with the inside forwards but would also try to be a presence in the box when we go wide.

This brings me on to my second question, whilst his in-game attributes look like he could perform this role to a decent enough standard (12 first touch, 14 passing, 12 technique, 13 composure, 12 otb, 12 teamwork, 11 vision), the circle thing, the name of which I don't know, that shows the suitability for each role tells me he will be ineffectual in this role. 

Should I trust the in-game attributes, is there another reason why the suitability rating is so low, or should I try a different role altogether?

Bit long-winded I know, thanks in advance for any help. :)

The short answer is, if you think he has the right attributes for the type of role you want him to play, then play him.  The information given in game is just a guide.

If you want a longer answer, you'll need to give us your complete detailed set up as all the other component pieces make up part of the jigsaw.

Archived