[FM16] FC Balzers: The Rise of Liechtenstein

Mascarpone

FC Balzers: The Rise of Liechtenstein

FC Balzers.png

Disclaimer: All of the following should be read in your head (or out loud) with a charismatic, ballsy Frank Underwood-esque voice.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I've always been terrible at introductions, but let me present myself; Mascarpone, Giovanni Mascarpone. I hail from a tiny little town well-known for its special cream cheese called Mascarpone (ironically, indeed), town of the beautiful name of Abbiategrasso. I may have a first name a bit old-school, clearly not what you'd expect from someone under the age of twenty. Nonetheless, this isn't relevant to the topic here; I moved a couple of years ago in this beautiful country that is known as Liechtenstein, in which I have struggled to become a full-fledged citizen well involved in the society. However, what I have brought with me was determination, and most importantly footballistic knowledge. I managed to get jobs here and there to keep a little apartment all for myself, yet I still didn't quite like my life. So then, I decided to make a drastic change in my life; June, I applied for the job; July, I became FC Balzers' first Italian manager. I had in my head big dreams, big plans for the future, and was quite happy with the challenge imposed by my superiors (which was to avoid relegation, altogether without having permission to buy any players in my first year at the job). Trust issues, but trust is so overrated. Indeed, here I am on July 2nd, first day on the job and ready to kickstart what I think can be a brilliant managing career; I am sure of it. In one of the only Liechtensteiner teams in the Swiss football league system; what an adventure this could be. The rise of a whole country. The rise, of Liechtenstein.

PS: Yes, I am introducing my manager here, who has the beautiful and damn attractive name of Giovanni, and although this may look more of a story than a career update, I just wanted to make a brief introduction for the manager since this really could turnout to be a long, long, long-term career. But yeah, this whole PS is just to say that although the first post may look like it's gonna be a story, it's not trust me. Enjoy, thanks for reading as well!

I managed in Liechtenstein a few years ago at FC Schaan, with the combined role of national coach.

It should be better now as SI have properly implemented the Liechtensteiner Cup.  I created it, but the European place went to the highest placed league team as I think I'd have had to recreate the entire Europa League to get it working.

I remember Enis Domuzeti too as I called him up for the national side regularly.

Good luck, and whilst Vaduz's status is a lot higher than the other teams, I did manage to win the Cup regularly quite quickly on my game, so they're not unbeatable.

2 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Good luck! As far as I know, though, teams from Lichtenstein who play in Switzerland can never make the CL, only ever the Europa.

Yes, which makes my ambitions a bit different! I will make a post detailing my objectives quite soon so that for those who don't know, I cannot qualify for the CL, but I guess you and a couple others probably know :D 

51 minutes ago, Sir_Liam said:

I managed in Liechtenstein a few years ago at FC Schaan, with the combined role of national coach.

It should be better now as SI have properly implemented the Liechtensteiner Cup.  I created it, but the European place went to the highest placed league team as I think I'd have had to recreate the entire Europa League to get it working.

I remember Enis Domuzeti too as I called him up for the national side regularly.

Good luck, and whilst Vaduz's status is a lot higher than the other teams, I did manage to win the Cup regularly quite quickly on my game, so they're not unbeatable.

I considered Schaan and Eschen/Mauren at first but my update didn't allow the latter so I chose Balzers, but I'm glad someone else played with a Liechtenstein team before! Yes, now the winner of the Cup goes straight to EL qualifying round I believe, and that makes things more interesting since there is a possibility (thin) of playing European football whilst still a lower league side... That makes things interesting :D Yeah, I don't think Vaduz should be too incredible to beat but I actually chose Balzers so that there could be at least 2 "decent" Liechtenstein professional sides in the Swiss system. I'll give detail on that later on, don't worry! :D

Hi!I manage every year  Vaduz and liechtenstein.. With balzers will be more difficult(Vaduz is proffesional) Remember foreigns players take liechtensteins sitizenship in 3 years and can play to national team after 5 years... ;-) The bad thing is even if you win EL still you start next season at El 1ST quilifier,me and some others report that as bug hope see fm 2017 gives liechtenstein"s teams opportunity playing to CL...Well good luck and have fun!!

Archived