lost saved game

I am at least 10 or 11 years into my saved game I turned it off Saturday night and by sunday the saved game had gone, Each time I click load saved game I'm getting this come up

error

load_game_data ():invalid save path

v1.2.2 startup_screen.cpp844

then the game crashes then closes, what the hell is going on I've looked for the file manually but its not in the game file but when I go back to my desktop and look in documents the saved game file is where it should be.

please please help not very happy hockey gm at the moment lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I am getting quite the same problem right now with my save. Im about 7 seasons into the game and I played this saturday then I saved the game and went to bed. I was about to play it again yesterday/now but when Im clicking "Load last game" or chosing a file to load it just loads it saying the usual "Loading game data"/"Processing, please wait and when it has finished loading I instantly get the windows error message saying "Eastside Hockey Manager has stopped working" and it closes the game. Same thing happens with my 3 autosaves of that save (it saves every week), but I can load other gamesaves.
Is there a way to fix my save or is it over now? 

Edit: and yea, my preferences etc are correct. I've played the game for 5-6 years or so and never had this kind of problem

6 hours ago, rob_lee said:

Hello.

I am getting quite the same problem right now with my save. Im about 7 seasons into the game and I played this saturday then I saved the game and went to bed. I was about to play it again yesterday/now but when Im clicking "Load last game" or chosing a file to load it just loads it saying the usual "Loading game data"/"Processing, please wait and when it has finished loading I instantly get the windows error message saying "Eastside Hockey Manager has stopped working" and it closes the game. Same thing happens with my 3 autosaves of that save (it saves every week), but I can load other gamesaves.
Is there a way to fix my save or is it over now? 

Edit: and yea, my preferences etc are correct. I've played the game for 5-6 years or so and never had this kind of problem

You very likely have a corrupted save. This could be due to bad sectors on your drive or other hardware problems or bugs in the software. A corrupt save file is unlikely to be able to be fixed.

You could try to upload your game and ask staff to verify whether this is a database error or a corrupted file error. I wouldn't have high hopes for saving that game though, especially not if it's due to disk/memory corruption.

Check your drive for errors and run a memtest to check your RAM.

I would suggest uploading your saved game using the FTP details HERE and then posting in this thread the name of your uploaded file. Riz can then take a look at your saved game to see what the issue is and whether this is something that can be fixed (most likely by patching the game to ensure it doesn't happen in the future).

Thanks guys. When you mention the drive I come to think that at the time I had like 1-2 GB space left, but I don´t think it should be that big of a deal? It managed to save succesfully.

Anyway, I have followed the instructions and uploaded the game file, it's called - Modobug.sav

4 hours ago, rob_lee said:

Thanks guys. When you mention the drive I come to think that at the time I had like 1-2 GB space left, but I don´t think it should be that big of a deal? It managed to save succesfully.

Having only 1-2 GB of space left can indeed be a problem.

What Windows report as "free space" is only an approximation. Windows calculates the file sizes of your files and then calculates free space it does NOT actually look at how much space there is. As a file size is not exactly the same as  "disk occupied" there can be discrepancies. A fragmented disk will greatly increase such errors.

If you have a game save of 500MB or so then you could run out of available space even if Windows tells you that you have 2GB left. This is not at all uncommon. 

Ok, I'm done. 

I wanted to believe you, so I started another career and have been playing for a while. And now the same thing has happened. I´ve been playing this game for like 5-6 years and never encountered this crap, but now suddenly it has happened to my two saves that I've spent a lot of time with. I have a lot of memory now so that's not the problem. What I don´t get is how I am able to save, go and eat or whatever, open and continue, then when I do it again like a week or so later into the game - not only that save gets corrupted, but all of the autosaves as well (which I have been able to open earlier with that exact save on them - untouched). Why does all autosaves of that file get corrupted or whatever when the main file is? That doesn´t even make sense. If I was to put one of those autosave-files on a USB, would it magically get corrupted as well? So strange.
Until this is fixed I won´t bother to start a new game, shame really because the game is so nice but having your files corrupted like this is probably the worst thing that can happen to a simulator game. 

• 1 year later...

Archived