[1.2.1] Trade goes through, player traded stays on my roster

Hey guys, I'd love some insight into this possible bug (and would like to double check that I'm doing everything correctly).

As Edmonton's GM, I've sent a preseason trade to Nashville offering Korpikoski for Ekholm. After a days consideration, I receive a notification in my inbox saying that Nashville has accepted the trade [picture 1]. I then reply to the follow-up email saying that I accept the transaction [picture 2].

After this, I go to my roster and see Korpikoski still on my roster with the "bid" icon still beside his name, but no Ekholm [picture 3].

I've put the trade through twice (once, and then again when I didn't see Ekholm on my roster) and got the same result each time. I'm very confused, as other teams have completed trades during this same time that appear on the trade center under transactions, while mine does not.

Any insight or help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

F3HnYP7.jpg

Vf2pYYt.jpg

9yTbgtq.jpg

I've experienced a delay in player transfer after trades as well. In every situation they have transferred a few days after the confirmation. Usually with in the week. There seems to have been quite a few bugs introduced over the last cpl of updates. I have no doubt the dev knows about them and is working to fix them.

It takes a day or two for the trade to go through after you've confirmed it. The papers have to be filed with NHL and the players have to pack up and move. You should see your new player as early as the next day or the day after at the very latest, that is also when you'll hear how much your fans and board hates you... :-)

It takes a day or two for the trade to go through after you've confirmed it. The papers have to be filed with NHL and the players have to pack up and move. You should see your new player as early as the next day or the day after at the very latest, that is also when you'll hear how much your fans and board hates you... :-)

HAHA. That last part is so true. Even when you're clearly improving your team for the better and even getting the better player the fans and board seem to be upset. As far as the delay, I've been playing this franchise for a long time and have never experienced the delay until recently. Unless it was an intentional addition I have to think it's a new bug. I don't mind it as you are correct about the real life transfer time. But it is definitely something new, whether it's a bug or not.

The trade went through and Ekholm is now on my team! Guess it just took a little longer than expected (as you all suggested).

If the lag is meant to emulate real-world conditions, I totally understand and can appreciate the realism. I just wanted to check whether this was the case, or if it was a bug.

On a side note, nobody has been upset by the trade! I haven't received any criticism, which is doing wonders with my ego as a GM :)

Archived