How are Philosophies judged by the board?

Couldn't find a definite answer anywhere, maybe there isn't one. I'm curious how the board judge your performance under certain philosophies.

For instance, "Sign young players for the first team" or whatever it is called, is that judged simply by the number of players under a certain age, or is how successful they are as signings come into it, either by their performances for the club, or their value increasing etc? "Play possession football" again could be judged simply by your possession stats which makes a certain amount of sense. Does anyone know if this is influenced by anything else?

The ones I am wondering about the most though are "Play Attacking Football" and "Play Defensive Football". How would the attacking one be judged? Number of goals i.e would 5-3 win be better than 1-0? But if you have the defensive philosophy the opposite would be true? Is the number of shots or chances created a factor too, so winning 1-0 but having many chances and shots would be good if you have an attacking philosophy? But under a defensive philosophy, holding the opponent to a low number of CCC's would be good?

Sorry if that is a bit rambling, I'm sure there is more nuance and context to how these things are judged and I do realise this all sounds quite obvious, but I'm curious to see if anyone knows how the game actually handles this.

Sign youngsters is based in players under 23 being signed to rotation or higher squad status & being used frequently as part of the starting eleven.

Attacking & defensive football uses the action zones as the main reference point, possession football is what you'd expect so a 65%+ average possession & pass completion in excess of 80% will get a high rating.

I don't have any current philosophies, but I seem to recall from a previous save on FM15 that there is a bit more info on them on the Team Report page. At the bottom is a tab aptly labelled Philosophies, and if I remember correctly a pop-up with some explanation on the grounds they will be judged on will appear when you hover over each one with the mouse cursor.

Archived