[FM16 - Mac] All faces disappear when new one added to facepack

Craigus89

I'm using the DF11 megapack with FM16, I signed someone whose face is not in the pack so download an image, save it at the right size as a .png and add it to the folder, amend the .xml file as usual. Go into game and clear cache, re-load skin as always and all the faces are now gone.

At first I thought there was an issue with the xml file I edited but it is all correct and I've double checked this, and if I remove the new line linking my new picture it all works fine again after a cache clear etc.

Any ideas?

If you are using text edit on the mac than it could be that " is replaced with “. That's already enough to corrupt the xml file. Just copy a " from the original file and replace the ones that are changed by text edit.

I'm using the app TextEditor from the app store, it's free and works better with xml files.

Thanks for the responses guys.

There was nothing wrong with the code, it seems it is the built in "text edit" application on the mac was not able to deal with the xml file as KUBI says. I tried the "TextEditor" app suggested but the application froze up when I opened the xml (it is 5mb which I guess is pretty huge for a text file). I downloaded "Text Wrangler" another free text editor app which worked fine with the large file.

Now working with the new faces showing up in game as well. So basically Don't use the built in mac text edit app to amend xml files.

Thanks for the help again chaps.

Archived