Zamunda FC: Coming to America (Well, Sweden Actually)

shaunvamos

Hi guys,

This thread is an idea I got from a mate based on his Facebook name. For those of you that don't know, Zamunda is a fictional African kingdom from 1988 film 'Coming to America' starring Eddie Murphy and James Earl Jones. Basically it is the story of a rich African prince moving to America to find a bride. Movie details aside, I got an idea.

Billionaires getting involved in football is not exactly a new concept, its the reason why Manchester City got themselves noticed all of a sudden, and in the movie the King of Zamunda has BIG bucks. So I thought, what if he decided to invest in football? Of course, the King of Zamunda is an eccentric one, so he didn't want to approach any of the clubs from the major European nations. Instead, he approached a tiny club in Sweden's Division 2 North. He proceeded to buy it out for a small fee, and then focussed on using his finances and influence to create a new stadium, top training and youth facilities as well as relocating the club to Uganda in East Africa. For the purpose of this save, the Kingdom of Zamunda spans from East West Africa, including countries such as Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, DR Congo, Mali, Kenya and Uganda (the makeshift capital of Zamunda).

Using the wealth of his power, the King got in contact with the top clubs of his domain and convinced them to become affiliated with Zamunda FC as feeder teams. They agreed without hesitation upon receiving this great honour. He then went on a journey to look for the most important man in the running of his newly founded club: the manager. In a lowly village in Kampala, Uganda he found his man. Although with virtually no experience, the King saw great potential in this young man, deciding to take him under his wing and appoint him as inaugural manager of Zamunda FC.

Here is our Chairman in royal attire:

q2PhjEJ.jpg?1

And here is the club:

YruG3Sm.png

And the manager:

bAF1l0H.png

Now, some goals/rules I have set for myself:

-Obviously do as well as I can within the Swedish leagues.

-Get into European competitions (Europa League or Champions League)

-Only buy players from Africa, especially my feeder clubs (see club info picture). All of those clubs share training facilities with us so hopefully some players come through via the youth intake as well

-Turn Africa into an international football powerhouse, particularly the region of Zamunda

-Eventually take control of the Ugandan U20 and senior sides, and taking them to international glory.

This will obviously be a long term save, and hopefully I will maintain interest as despite the massive bank balance, I wont be using it to buy superstar players which makes things more challenging. I have loaded a large database with players from top clubs in Europe, all Swedish leagues, plus all African leagues created by claasen, disabled attribute masking, added players to playable teams, and added key staff.

Give me your thoughts on this concept guys, your interest will be what keeps this going!

For copyright purposes I do not own any part of the original 'Coming to America', including its region and characters, nor am I making monetary profit from it. I am merely enacting a fantasy world in which these parameters exist.

Nice idea on making a fictional nation as a football team! Say, what is etymology of Zamunda?

It's not actually my mates name, it's the name he put on Facebook as his last name because it sounds awesome and very African. As well as it being one of his favourite movies.

Youth Intake Day! Our Head of Youth Development has scouted the youth of Zamunda far and wide and has come back with a fair amount of potential quality players:

RgOZSmw.png

Good to see our relationships with African clubs have paid off somewhat! Here is our top prospect of this year:

7rbc78t.png

Excellent stats for a defender, its hard to believe he's only considered our fourth choice centre back. Guess that speaks volumes for the quality of the defence. I hope. Anyway, here are the rest of the prospects in depth:

Season Summary coming soon...

2015 Year in Review

tZTUmXO.png

B5v3OSb.png

An unbelievable start to my career in charge of the 'Pride of Africa' and it was a nailbiting one to say the least. We were 3rd until the last game, needing to win whilst hoping the teams above us either drew or lost. The table speaks for itself, amazing job from the boys.

Key Players

q9a3tyk.png

2ZHRcYR.png

Teko was solid as a rock for us in the back this season, picking up the defender of the year award for the division, and his form earned him a callup to the Ugandan U20 side, whilst Kitagenda was rewarded with his first full cap at the end of the season. I just resigned Kitagenda too, so that is a massive boost to our chances of staying up next year.

vsrvrAX.png

Our GK Matangalu also picked up the divisional GK of the year award.

Prospect Watch

This will remain empty for now, as the prospects come into the season too late, so they barely play games.

Plans for Next Season

Well... stay up really! Ill probably upgrade the staff and hire some coaches to help player growth. I may have a look through the affiliates to see if theres some potential there. Finances are strong, the King personally makes sure of that. Well onwards and upwards for season 2016!

vI2KoKV.png

2016 Season Review

BxohOmC.png

poDsXFU.png

Another year, another title, another promotion, another nailbiting finish. We fully deserved this, as we were top of the table for the majority of the season. However, a drop in form towards the end of the season found us in third (again) with one game to go needing a win (again) and for the team coming first to lose by a large margin. We did our bit, winning 2-0, and Kristianstad cracked under the pressure, losing 5-1 and sending us top based on goals scored. We were also the highest goalscorers in the league. The cup was a nice novelty, but not important at the moment.

Key Players & Best Eleven

aXC60kJ.png

N2SkQ96.png

Jaffer, obviously a relative of the royal family, put an end to speculation that he was just in the team because of his connections by consistently being the teams best performer. He finishes with the highest average rating, and was also our assist leader with seven.

42IRhd6.png

Kitagenda was even better than last season, and he could very well end up as the first Zamunda FC legend if he keeps up this form. Also picked up another cap for the national team.

tQhfZxx.png

Bogere was excellent for us in the middle this season, and thoroughly deserved being voted fans player of the year.

Youth Prospect Report

Pengere Magembe (YP1a):: Played all but two games for the first team, and was rewarded with a place in the 2016 best 11, as well as being inducted into the overall best 11.

Idris Odongkara (YP1b): Played very well in the youth sides and was rewarded with a run in the first team at the back end of the season.

Godwin Akpala (YP1c): Did his bit for the youth teams, with a couple of goials and assists. I hope he develops quickly as right wing is looking pretty week at the moment.

Alain Sanogo (YP1d): Strong performances from the Ivorian, and played extremely well when he was called up to the main squad. Like Akpala, hopefully he develops quickly due to lack of position strength.

Edgar Ssentamu (YP1e): Spent a majority of the season as a first team sub and was solid but not spectacular. CB is going to be a problem with so many prospects there.

Godwin Wadada (YP1f): Was very average for the youth squads, but hopefully he will use this as motivation to get better.

Mark Muwonge (YP2a): Debuted for the first team while still on trial, and then stayed in the youths for the rest of the season, performing well there.

Owen Muwonge (YP2b): Solid performances for the youth teams.

Henry Emuge (YP2c): Played okay in his limited time here.

Godfrey Kalyesubula (YP2d): Didn't do much in 3 games.

Victor Onovo (YP2e): Decent performances.

Plans for Next Season

Hopefully be able to cover the holes in our squads through feeder clubs, they didn't want to sign with a club in the lower divisions. What an outrage. Also, I don't think three consecutive promotions is possible, I will just be content with a mid table finish, or even avoiding relegation.

B8o43Fk.png

I'm pleased to announce our first ever transfers for Zamunda FC! Toure was picked up from our affiliate in Ivory Coast for $74K while Asante was bought for $58K from Ghana. Toure already inserts himself into the first team whilst Asante will be put into the U21 side for now.

EJ7bBZe.png

QILiCx9.png

2017 Season Review

An88zun.png

I thought our season was doomed when we only won 2 games out of our first 11, but then we started to pick up when the two transfers came in. Toure unfortunately got injured but by then we were well and truly safe. Apparently the cup spans over the offseason so we are still in it for now. Considering we were favourites for relegation, I knew another promotion on the cards, but we can hopefully build on this for next season.

Key Players and Best Eleven

Highest Average Rating

Ibrahim Joffer - 7.18

Another solid season from our centre mid, I expect more of the same from him next season. Made his debut for the national side this season as well.

Leading Goalscorer

Johnson Kitagenda - 18

He'd better become a club legend if this consistency continues, he's already in the favoured personnel. Also was the leagues top scorer and made team of the year! :D

6zEwTkq.png

Kabagambe, Bogere and Magembe all made their senior debuts for the Ugandan national team this season.

Youth Prospect Report

Pengere Magembe (YP1a): Good season, has become our starting centre back and made his debut for the national side too.

Idris Odongkara )YP1b): The right winger was one of the teams best this season, topping the assist charts and also tying with Kitagenda for most MoMs. However, the signing of Toure may stop him from generating the numbers he put up this season.

Godwin Akpala (YP1c): Played okay for youths. Will have the same problem as Odongkara in terms of getting to the first team.

Alain Sanogo (YP1d): Same as Akpala really in terms of performance, although played well when called up to the first team.

Edgar Ssentamu (YP1e): Will have to wait his turn in the stacked CB department.

Godwin Wadada (YP1f): Has a lot to do if he wants to play for us.

Mark Muwonge (YP2a): Spent most of his time as a sub for the first team, and even scored one.

Owen Muwonge (YP2b): Played a few for the first team, again in the crowded CB position.

Henry Emuge (YP2c): We need a keeper to develop quick.

Godfrey Kalyesubula (YP2d): Didn't do much, his potential is bad so ill probably release him soon.

Victor Onovo (YP2e): Played well for the U21s, will continue there next season.

Samuel Nkubi (YP3a): Inserted straight into the first team and didn't disappoint. Big things for Samuel are on the horizon I feel.

Tushar Kyambadde (YP3b): Not many appearances but played well for the youths.

Derrick Oloya (YP3c): May struggle to break through due to the sheer amount of centre-backs.

Mathias Razak (YP3d): Played very well in his limited appearances for the youth teams.

Plans for Next Season

Make a serious push for promotion, and hopefully get a cup win so we can play in Europe. Also hope to strengthen the team with African talent.

oiZez2W.png

Okay seeing as this is not a youth only challenge, I will not be nicknaming players anymore, but I will still be posting the youth intake and will now give bimonthly updates. Here is our transfer activity during the preseason:

5aLniq3.png

Released a lot of the deadwood in the youth side and also signed some cracking players. Ibrahim will most likely act as backup for Nwankwo, who was a mega find for me, props to the scouts for letting me know. The only bad thing is a low release clause that I had no option on changing. I'm placing Bembo-Leta into the U19s to develop. I currently have my scouts on a permanent residence in East, West and Central Africa looking for talent.

April/May Update

d2KHsCX.png

Rky8XAV.png

Well, we are off to an appalling start. Toure gets injured, and then first match back from injury, he gets injured again. At least Nwankwo has lived up to his transfer fee, but now he has interest from Atletico Madrid so it will be hard to keep hold of him. Had to have a team meeting because they weren't happy with my tactics. After I quietened that down we went and won our next game, which moved us out of the relegation places. Hopefully the next two months will be a lot better.

June/July Update

XSB5RCe.png

8YFTFP7.png

This was a much better two months from the team, and we were also active in the transfer market, buying Ivorian Michel Kouakou from ASEC for a tidy 56K. Nwankwo has made CAM his so I stuck Michel in at CM and he has played well there, scoring on his debut. I also picked up Augustin Ayuk for a risky 2.2 million. It paid off though, as he scored on his debut in the same game that Kouakou debuted in. He then followed up with another goal in his next game. Nwankwo has been in top form and made it into July's team of the month. And then there's this:

KdbPMhF.png

Odd decision, but we won't be loaning any players so I don't see the point. Youth intake coming soon!

Season Review

XH7eqpa.png

Very good end to the season in my opinion, only losing two games out of the 11. A crazy last game was very frustrating, as we were up 4-1 at halftime, and then our defence let us down. Its a massive weakness at the moment, but the youngsters are developing quickly so I am very hopeful. So, where did we end up?

XcctU6g.png

Mid table again, very good given our poor start. I think if we have a better start to the season we can push for promotion.

Best Eleven and Key Players

tbdASSg.png

Joseph Nwankwo: What a season this young man had for us. 10 assists, 9 PoMs, highest average rating by a long shot. Won the fans player of the year by a mile and hopefully will stay with us. He also had the highest rating in the league.

Michel Kouakou: Despite joining us mid season, Kouakou has risen to one of the teams key players. Joint top scorer with 7 goals. Somehow has Italian heritage and so was called up to their youth team.

Eric Touré: Solid all round performance, joint top scorer, and was second in assists to Nwankwo. It'll be interesting to see how he goes with an injury free season.

YXG9v8v.png

Make your cup belong to Zamunda! Aside from this, in the future, will you start a new story that has the Kingdom of Zamunda finally become an independent nation and participate at the international competitions? I really hope that your story will be better as long as you won the top league trophy soon!

Make your cup belong to Zamunda! Aside from this, in the future, will you start a new story that has the Kingdom of Zamunda finally become an independent nation and participate at the international competitions? I really hope that your story will be better as long as you won the top league trophy soon!

I'm not sure I can do that as I'm pretty sure countries are hard coded into the game.

During the offseason we were dealt a blow when number one defender Magembe wouldn't renew his contract and moved to Swedish giants Malmo. We picked up right back Tetteh and hot prospect Maijalingo to try and compensate.

b5xAoQH.png

We got knocked out of the cup pretty easily, and when we lost our first two league games I feared the worst. But then Ayuk stood up for us and started banging in the goals which got us back on track. That 3-0 loss is pretty disappointing though. So, where do we stand after the first ten games?

tzenBtc.png

A decent position, within reach of the promotion places at the moment. Just have to keep winning!

Archived