FM Archived - Players, Budgets, Shortlists & Guides

I used to post as css_matt, but I forgot my password!

Welcome to my thread about my new website FM Archived.

I have decided to build a website dedicated to information about Football Manager that will help players make decisions and understand the game better. The main focus will be player profiles but it will cover a lot more.

The site is currently live but it is admittedly early days. I am new to building websites so I thought it would be a good idea to be open about the development of the site.

Please feel free to check it out and offer me some constructive feedback. Sharing/following/subscribing and all that sort of thing is obviously greatly appreciated.

www.fmarchived.com

www.facebook.com/fmarchived

www.twitter.com/fmarchived

website looks really good mate, congratulations, looks really helpful, want me to give you a shout on my youtube channel? https://www.youtube.com/lokidokigg

Thank you, really appreciate it. Trying to keep it simple and collate as much info as possible that people tend to want to know!

That would be amazing if you could, really nice of you! Keep in mind it's still early doors, still fleshing out issues!

Some excellent videos your putting out there, keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update.

The website structure has been fleshed out over the last few weeks and its close to where I want it.

I now have 8 leagues listed with team budgets, facilities and more information.

There are currently 17 player profiles live with more being added every day.

I'd love some feedback on the profiles if possible.

I like the idea of doing 4 snapshots, one every 5 years. However I am thinking i should format the page better. Perhaps splitting up the written content into player info, key player aspects, ingame progress and conclusion, rather than have it all mixed in together.

Anyway, hope this website helps some of you!

• 3 months later...

Hello again,

Thank you to all who have donated, shared and clicked onto the website. It's been a really busy few months for me but the website is coming along really nicely. With the Xhaka transfer speculation the website saw a massive spiky in users and has since settled at a considerably higher amount that it was beforehand.

The website itself is now a lot more built up than it was just a month or so ago. There is now an independent nav bar which includes links to all the content I plan to add plus a nice, cleaner website banner. This is been a great experience to learn to code and so far I have used elements of HTML, CSS, Java & PHP. Everytime I add a new feature I learn a bit more.

Unfortunately I froze actual content updates until the run up for FM17 so that I can concentrate on building the foundations first. Once I have a few more pages fleshed out I can begin on the mobile version of the website & then it will be back to content, beginning with all the FM17 information as it comes out.

If you get a moment, please check it out. I'm personally really happy with it. If possible a share/like on social media would be massively appreciated.

For anyone interested on how player profiles will be formatted in the future, check out www.fmarchived.com/p/wonderkids/zoumatester . I personally thing its a very good amount of information but as always open to suggestions!

www.fmarchived.com

• 4 months later...

FM17 is here and we are now finally adding content for the new iteration of Football Manager.

We start with both Premiership and Championship club information. This includes transfer budgets, reputation facility details and more. If your thinking of starting a game use our page to help make a decision on who to be. Next up we will be working out way through the rest of the English leagues down to the Vanarama National before adding foreign leagues.

http://www.fmarchived.com/clubs/english-transfer-budgets

• 8 months later...

Archived