What the fudge happened from FMC15 to FMT16?!

So I thought I'd developed an all conquering tactic in FMC15 and won the PL (with Spurs and using no unlockables) 8 times in a row and the CL 6 times in a row, after coming 2nd in the first season. Regularly scored over 80 goals in a PL season, a few seasons broke the 100 goal barrier.

Yet using the same tactic, team and player instructions in FMT16 this year and I'm losing every game and can't score for toffee. 5 games into the season, 5 losses, 1 goal scored and some 5-1, 3-0 humpings along the way (after losing all but one preseason game, my sole win coming against Newport County). Has the ME changed that much?! Can anyone see a glaring error as to why I'm losing every game and can't score a goal?

http://imgur.com/a/0cF8G

Counter attack is more effective and deadly in FM16. Even though your BWM has hold position PI, he will still close down very aggressively because that's what his role PIs instruct him to do. As a result, he will be out of position most of the time. I suggest using a CM(D) or DLP role instead.

A higher tempo game could make you lose possession more easily so you may want to see if your passing is intercepted. On control, your tempo should already be on slightly above average. Adding higher tempo makes it go to a quick tempo game.

Archived