Chairman Keeps Taking Offers into own hands forcing me to sell top players!!

crazytrain57

How do you prevent this from happening because its driving me mad, iv now had to sell wijnaldum to milan for 30million at MK Dons but i didnt want to, hes been by far my best player this season. I finished 4th and now qualify for the champions league but how am i gonna play at that level w/o my best players? Theres now loads of teams after razack traore and kodro and i know the same things going to happen. Any way of stopping it?!

Not much you can do unfortunately mate. You can put these players down as "key players" for starters. Then put their asking price high but not ridiculous if you know what I mean. This way, you'll detract many potential buyers. And also, make sure you get on your players "favoured personnel" list. Then, even if an offer gets accepted over your head, you can offer the player a new contract and he might just decide to stay with you.

Besides that, nothing you can do. And the above is no sure-fire way either. It just reduces the chances of it happening a little (and I mean little!).

Sometimes it just happens. If a club offers considerably more than he is worth that turns the head of the chairman, and if the potential buyer has a much greater rep than you, that could turn the head of the player.

I had MK Dons in the Prem and had exactly the same problem, three players were sold from under me, but I had a fairly large squad.

Try changing his asking price to very high, and then for instuctions change it to reject all offers. Then, if an offer does get accepted, offer him a new contract, and sometimes they will stay. I had 2 bids for Michael Johnson accepted in the same transfer market by Chelsea and I offered him contracts both times and he stayed.

best thing i have found is if you insert a min fee release clause in, they cant accept it cos there is a buy out clause. i have had bids of 20m for sakho (who is valued at 1.5) turned down and i went another team and put 250,000 below his min fee clause and its still rejected :D :D

hope this help.

SACK STRACHAN

Archived