Thierry Henry.....a journey to the Emirates

Cesc_cil

An introduction to me. This is my first career thread having being inspired by other peoples.

I am not the best at this game but enjoy it immensely, i use other peoples tactics and find it hard to get into saves hopefully this will help.

I am a 31 year old with two kids and have a high pressure job, this impacts on my limited time to play, don't expect updates after updates i will do my best.

I am an Arsenal fan (drrrr) and have been since i was 14, i used to go to a lot of games when i was younger, but now i have a family, money is tight and Sky is cheaper.

So to the save i have decided to create one of my idols and throw Thierry into the managerial merry go round. He has quit sky to be a Manager and the end goal is to take the top job at Arsenal.

Started the game with about 8 leagues.

Leagues_zpsdmbde1ba.jpg

profile_zpslplnbetc.jpg

i started the game unemployed, and this is my first offer

m%20job%20interview_zpsobdsqani.jpg

Friendlies done, only one loss, but not much to report as my assistant controls the games.

friendlies14_zpsskcy1edd.jpg

Good first club, about the right level for Henry to break into management at as well. Best of luck!
Good luck :D

Thanks lads

League fixtures ~ August 2014

fixtures%20aug%2014_zpshk0n6hcn.jpg

As i had hoped, was never going to beat Befica away. Solid win at home, the two goals conceded could have been prevented great first goal from Eber from out side the box, great substitution from Henry, Eber was only on the pitch for the last 20 minutes and got man of the match. Scraped though in the away game header from a corner.

Transfer window has shut, not much activity just adding depth, Roni has potential.

trans%20aug%2014_zps0xnlpmil.jpg

League ~ September/October 2014

league%20sept%20-%20octo14_zpszhiztemw.jpg

Cup ~ October 2014

cup%20oct14_zpsmurrobc9.jpg

Disappointing start to September the a home loss, followed by 2 very good 4-1 wins home and away. Highlight of this period, an away draw at high flying Porto, beyond my expectations, unfortunately the home draw against Estoril wasn't the best follow up result.

First game in the cup we struggled through against lower league opposition, but it was a opportunity to rest some players.

League ~ November\December 2014

nov%20dec2014_zpsc00zwx30.jpg

A unbeaten month currently on a 11 game unbeaten run in the league.

Cup ~ November\December 2014

nov%20dec%20cup2014_zpslklhvawk.jpg

Out of this cup, not to fussed want to concentrate on the League.

Another Cup ~ November\December 2014

nov%20dec%20cup%202%202014_zpsizsumhhk.jpg

The first stage of this competition is a league format consisting of 5 teams.

Roni has been a master stroke, banging in the goals 12 in 12 :thup:

Some interesting jobs coming up, getting itchy feet already.

Things are a foot.

milan%20interview_zpsrohheasx.jpg

milan%20job_zpsqmueoltg.jpg

proper excited about this challenge to turn the mighty Milan into winners again.

milan%20squad_zpswyi5qpid.jpg

needs some work but have plenty of time to evaluate until the summer.

milan%20current%20table_zpshlkxtxzu.jpg

Start in 9th position, Europa league is a must, still an outside chance of Champions League.

Ah, the great Milan rebuild. Could be tricky!

will be tricky but looking forward to the challenge

Grabbing 5th should be doable. What sort of finances will you have for a summer overhaul?

finances aren't great, but don't know what i have to play with yet.

milan%20fiance_zpsmizgkffl.jpg

title_zpszaxuz6f3.jpg

Very good start to my Milan Career.

milan%20feb%20march%20april%2015_zpspecyeuwk.jpg

Only one loss and that was away to the old unbeatable lady. The only other slip up was to high flying Sampdoria.

milan%20league%20april%2015_zpszkiyz5es.jpg

Still hopeful of a champions league place, however that might be to greedy as i think it is only the top 3 that qualify. Can't complain with the Europa League considering where we where when i took the reigns.

milan%20cup%20march%20april%2015_zpssx6nzvjz.jpg

Knocking out Roma in the cup was a nice suprise.

Not much between 2nd and 8th, but cracking run of form to get you to the CL. Well done Cesc_cil :)

Thanks. Yeah your right it was tight, well into this save now. Monaco have just got a tycoon. There has been loads of sackings at top clubs also, Barcelona no less.

Henry will make a good manager in my opinion. Good football knowledge and gets his points across well. Decent first season with Milan KUTGW mate :thup:

Thanks DB, i have been reading your career, one of many that inspired me to do mine. I think your right i love listening to him on sky sports.

One question, what does KUTGW stand for?

That Cerci hat-trick goal in the 6th minute of added time to beat Inter away from home - what scenes! Good work at Milan, intrigued to see what you do with the squad with the CL money. Doesn't seem like you need much of a rebuild though! Should be a few big earners to get off the wage bill.

Solid first season.

Cheers Bilbo

That Cerci hat-trick goal in the 6th minute of added time to beat Inter away from home - what scenes! Good work at Milan, intrigued to see what you do with the squad with the CL money. Doesn't seem like you need much of a rebuild though! Should be a few big earners to get off the wage bill.

Thanks. Yeah that was a fun result, really wanted to keep him, he was on loan from Atletico Madrid out of my price range by some distance, good player! Loads of changes. Only one player over £80,000 the rest under £65,000.

Season preview on its way!

Season%20prview%202015%20%2016_zpsahc0zgni.jpg

Transfers

trans%201%202015%20%2016_zpswjtiv98z.jpg

Transfers out cont.

trans%202%202015%20%2016_zps47ekvffx.jpg

Boards Season Expectations

UEFA Champions League ~ Reach the Knockouts

Seria A ~ Challenge for the title

Cup ~ Not Important

I am fairly happy with that i would perhaps like to get further in the champions league, but it's the luck of the draw at the end of the day. League is bang on would be some achievement to beat the old lady to top stop. Really want to retain the cup.

My Squad and line up to tackle the Expectations

Squad%202015%20%2016_zpsamajzkiv.jpg

badge_zpsusrlax5h.jpg

Season 2 ~ August/September

Seria A Results

aug%20sept15_zpspbnbcnkn.jpg

Amazing start to the season, only a slight blip. The unbeaten run stretches to 18 games

Champions League Results

aug%20sept15%20cl_zpscijnfm7t.jpg

May have rested to many player for the second game, but not to unhappy.

So we don't lose touch with the aim of this thread i will update you on the situation at the Emirates.

their first season panned out as follows

Transfers

arsenal%20trans%201_zpsk9qzcxee.jpg

Premier League

arsenal%20last%20league_zpsexb2kjlg.jpg

Champions League ~ Lost in the play off 5-2 against Lille

Europa League ~ Lost in the Semi Final 5-3 to PSG

FA Cup ~ Lost in the fourth round to Newcastle 2-1

League Cup ~ Lost in the Semi Final to Tottenham on penalties after a 4-4 draw

As a fan irl and if this was i would be calling for Arsene's head. He survived.

Second season so far stands like this.

Transfers

arsenal%20trans%202_zpsu0nrykwh.jpg

Competitions

arsenal%20state%20of%20play_zps5aeziny0.jpg

I don't think he will last much longer if this current form continues, job status is currently "insecure".

Here's the thing, i think it is to early for Thierry, he could succeed at the job but i really want to see where i can take milan this season at least. I would also like one more job before i settle in at Arsenal. However if he goes and i don't try and get it someone else might go there and be a world beater and make this thread completely useless.

What do you think people??

One assumes you lost 1-0 as Inter's shot was actually deflected by one of your defenders into your own net and you couldn't beat their keeper from 18 shots on target? :D

You will have to wait for the monthly update ??

Its up to you really - were you simply looking to get to Arsenal as quick as possible in this game then stay there or was this meant to be a thread where you build up a major reputation at lots of clubs then Arsenal is the pinnacle?

You can still go for the job and if you get it, you could then look at having Henry move on to the Barca job once you've achieved everything at the Emirates - that could fit well with the narrative.

My dilemma is I have built a strong team at Milan and have just finished the season unbeaten in the league (season review coming later). I would like one more to try and win the champions league. But if I do I might not get another chance at the Arsenal job

Its up to you really - were you simply looking to get to Arsenal as quick as possible in this game then stay there or was this meant to be a thread where you build up a major reputation at lots of clubs then Arsenal is the pinnacle?

You can still go for the job and if you get it, you could then look at having Henry move on to the Barca job once you've achieved everything at the Emirates - that could fit well with the narrative.

applied and didn't get an interview, so doesn't matter anyway

Archived