Suggestion: Captains and Alternates

One thing that always bugged me about, EHM 2007, and I see is still present in EHM:EA, is the assignment of captains and alternates. As is, you go to tactics and select which players you want, but then whenever an injury or a player not playing, for some reason, the captain or alternate, is now empty. It would be nice if you could select who your captains were, and regardless they stay, until you change them. I personally find it annoying if for example, Henrik Zetterberg get hurt and is going to miss a game, to then have to go back an reassign him as captain.

In Hockey you only have one Captain. If he is not playing that game than there is no Captain but a team generally carries 2 Alternate captains that wear an A during games and those will get rotated if an Alternate captain is not playing where it will be handed off to another player. But the Captains C is never rotated.

In Hockey you only have one Captain. If he is not playing that game than there is no Captain but a team generally carries 2 Alternate captains that wear an A during games and those will get rotated if an Alternate captain is not playing where it will be handed off to another player. But the Captains C is never rotated.

Some teams have gone through season without captain too, if they have felt that there isn't suitable choice. For example, Canadiens doesn't have a captain at the moment, they've four assistants.

Some teams have gone through season without captain too, if they have felt that there isn't suitable choice. For example, Canadiens doesn't have a captain at the moment, they've four assistants.

Precisely.

Were you explaining this to me? I am profoundly familiar with the game of hockey, having followed it since 1990.

Archived