A Journey To Every Corner Of The Globe

ashton321

Well to begin with a little bit about me. I have tried to give my experience as close to reality as possible. I have given myself the semi pro player status as this reflects as far as I have got in reality. I have also achieved a couple of coaching badges and this too is reflected in game.

a9b3b035-2638-4f46-bd1b-b7d00457baec_zps74eeb7d0.jpg

Leagues Loaded

I have decided to try and play places where I have not had a lot if any game time in previous versions of Football Manager, these are the leagues I will be loading:

Singapore

Brazil

Peru

Colombia

Uruguay

I will also have the following in view only

England

France

Spain

Italy

Argentina

Aims

I don’t have a lot of aims to being with as I don’t really like doing it. I would like to take one of the lesser lights in South America to some sort out continental victory. If I happened to land in Asia for my first job I think I would expect to conquer the league with my initial team before moving on.

I do intend to spend a decent amount of time in South America at some stage during this save, I think that eventually I will visit Europe but it is not an absolute must.

I also intend to play some International Management and see where that takes me.

Manager History

March 2014 - September 2014 - Singaporean Premier League - Warriors - League Cup Winners - Sacked after 6 months

September 2017 - January 2019 - Uruguay Primera Division- Liverpool Futbol Club - Segunda Division Winners

May 2020 - August 2020 - Olympics- Brazil Under 23s - Olympics Gold Medal

November 2020 - - Argentinean Premier League- C.A. Independiente -

March 2014 - Singaporean League - Warriors FC

Warriors-FC-SG.png

My first job offer was in Singapore with a team formerly known as SAFFC which was the Army team. The Club did fantastically well as SAFFC but since changing to the Warriors they have not done as nearly as well.

9339d606-1049-4845-9d40-6e7b39ab498e_zps6ed44f6f.jpg

The club are doing not nearly as well as it seems the board wanted them to do, to me it looks like the sacking happened a little bit to quick as the season had only just started. The board only want me to get a top half finish and with the squad that I have available to me I would imagine that could happen. If all goes well the Cups in Singapore could be good for us and a way for me to build my reputation.

4bd68a98-4502-42ed-9a58-b2acff0161eb_zpsbef8856a.jpgbdac4e84-f3a4-4c0e-9b8f-e6de5b345888_zpsab43c1cc.jpg

Good luck mate. Im going to start posting in the FM Careers forum today. I found from my time doing the dafuge challenge a few years back that I stay a lot more focussed and get a better understanding of my team/performace if I write about it.

I will keep track of how you get on!

Good luck mate. Im going to start posting in the FM Careers forum today. I found from my time doing the dafuge challenge a few years back that I stay a lot more focussed and get a better understanding of my team/performace if I write about it.

I will keep track of how you get on!

Cheers pal, the shameful thing is that my time in Singapore has not gone too well thus far.

September2014 - Singaporean League - Warriors FC

Warriors-FC-SG.png

Well things did not go nearly as well as I hoped in Singapore, I had my fears that this club may be a sack happy club but I did not expect this.

b746e36a-7bf2-438e-aa5a-9c87f8930a0e_zps2ae63826.jpg

Things did not go fantastically well. We did awful in the FA Cup, as we went out by a pretty awful team in the opening round, which I was not happy about. In the League Cup things went better than I could have expected. We really did dominate every team in this competition. When we won the cup I thought we really would go on to get better in the league.

In the league we just could not string together the results that we needed to keep the board off my back. I was gutted, to have been sacked.

0c8adf62-9c6c-456c-ba59-1374a48a01db_zps77815847.jpgfeb3fbe6-4317-431a-a6af-13707a800ef7_zps4c711498.jpg

As to where next I am unsure, it will be another small league but I think with the cup win I may be able to get a decent enough job.

September 2017 - Uruguay Segunda Division - Liverpool Futbol Club

Liverpool-URU.png

Well I did not intend to stay on the unemployed list for this long. I was offered a couple of offers in Peru but I did not feel that they were right for me so I decided to wait and I am very glad I did.

2d20b25f-95a6-456a-b25c-ed1abfd20554_zpsbd570d66.jpg

The club is a decent sixed club in Uruguay. Despite never winning a title they are still a decent sized club and have finished in the top 3 a fair few times. In game they have been up and down throughout the leagues in Uruguay and currently find themselves in the second division. The board decided to sack the old management team due to a poor last season rather than anything they had done this year. In the past I have found the chairman in Uruguay to be a bit sack happy but this club kept their original manager since the outset so I would like to have a similar tenure really.

492a22b3-866f-4758-8b5e-a014436b77bf_zpsc5b9f410.jpg64b47800-836d-4190-bd5b-8ab0caa43671_zps2169f777.jpg

End Of Season - Uruguay Segunda Division - Liverpool Futbol Club

Liverpool-URU.png

Uruguyan Segunda Division: Things went really well for us in the league. We managed to seal promotion with a couple of games to go. We never really looked like not winning the league we were at the top from the time I took over until the end of the season. At one stage I was looking like being sacked due to the awful morale of my players, I refused to let players leave until I found replacements and this annoyed them which then equally annoyed my board. I managed to keep my job and won the title.

Transfers : A few people left the team to try and get a bit more cash into the team. I brought a few people into the squad these were mainly youngsters for the future but still decent enough for us.

Finances : Awful

Stars

Facundo Barcelo - Our star striker, he was not really played by the past management team. I stuck him into the first team and he was fantastic scoring for fun. I am hoping he can continue this next year.

Augustin Arigon - A fantastic little player for us in the middle of the park, he was superb mainly in the middle of the park but sometimes he played on the left and was fantastic.

Matthias Goyeni - Decent little left back, he was looking to leave part way through the season but in the end he decided to stay and was fantastic for us whilst he was here.

January 2019 - Uruguay Segunda Division - Liverpool Futbol Club

Liverpool-URU.png

28b5297b-c795-4dc9-bcdb-559eec9b56ae_zpsbae5a263.jpg

Amazingly my time in Uruguay was cut short.

I had a real boat load of trouble trying to keep my players happy, this in turn meant that I was called into meetings with my board more times that I would have liked to have been. I was always straight with the board and assured them that it would not hinder our performance. I don’t think it did, well until we hit a bit of a bad patch.

We finished three places from the bottom of the league in the opening stage. I was hopeful that it would have been enough to keep my job as all they asked for me to do was stay competitive but it seemingly was not and once again I found myself on the scrap heap in South America.

I am finding it incredibly tough to get a job in South America so I have deviated from my plans somewhat and I have opened up the English Leagues as well. I would like to have maybe a decent League 1 side or Championship side approach me. Although still if something in South America popped up first that would be my chosen option. This leads me nicely onto my next job of sorts. It is May 2020 and time for the Olympics and the raft of new international jobs. I got offered one for Brazil Under 23s this clearly is not a long term job but I think I stand a decent chance at winning the Olympics which would do no harm to my reputation at all.

May 2020- Olympics - Brazil Under 23s

Brazil_FA(65x65).gif

fdf9eca4-2117-4c2c-b3e0-ecb1d9b6c529_zps6fcabd92.jpg

August 2020 - Olympics- Brazil Under 23s

Brazil_FA(65x65).gif

Olympics: I was always going to leave at the end of this competition win loose or draw, the job was not really a long term thing.

We began with a group of Japan, New Zealand and Denmark. We didn't really struggle in any of these games, although Denmark and Japan were slightly better than expected.

We then really came into our own in quarter finals as we destroyed Uruguay and then Turkey.

We then played Mexico in the final and I was certain we would win which we did. In the end Denmark was probably the hardest game of them all.

Time to fins a new job........

November 2020- Job Offer

After I left the glory Olympic winning Brazil team I thought that I would be able to garner some interest from some slightly bigger teams. I decided to remove the English leagues again as I really wanted to stay in South America for the time being. I had in my mind a decent sized Premier League team like a Banfield or a Bahia.

Imagine my surprise when this offer came into me.

a13c38ed-8133-4477-90a6-714b0a0fcdc1_zps2add534c.jpg

November 2020- Argentinian Premier - C.A. Independiente

th_Independiente.png

Well I obviously took the job in Argentina.

I really hope that this can be the start of something where I spend a decent amount of time, I really don’t want to be sacked again. The season has just finished so I am going to be able to take some time in the offseason to build my squad a little, the club have just finished 15th in the Argentinean League.

The Club won the last of their 16 league titles in 2002 when they won the Aperatura. They have not done a lot since in game or out of game as they have now become the most mid table of mid table teams.

The team have previously won the Copa Liberatordes 7 times in the 60s-80s. They even won 4 in a row in the seventies. I would love to return the team to something similar.

b1c3d875-b841-4cbc-b0d2-8e1e55b9590d_zpsf1439987.jpg

Archived