Stamping Grounds: Liechtenstein's Quest for the World Cup... Or respect.

brettney1980

April/May;

Home vs Servette (Challenge League - 6/4/19)

We couldn't win 2 in a row could we?? ... No, lost 2-0 very gutted with this we just didn't even get started. PoM: Paul Becker (YP3b).

Away vs Fribourg (Challenge League - 13/4/19)

It's away so of course we win, 1-0 excellent to get another clean sheet and it is Abelli that scores. PoM: Andreas Malin.

Home vs Vaduz U21's (Liechtensteiner Cup, Semi Final - 17/4/19)

Handed debuts to a couple of the new Youth Graduate's and we still ran out winners, 3-1 Kuhne scored 1 while Chol Min banged 2 in. PoM: Rim Chol Min.

Home vs Wil (Challenge League - 20/4/19)

So we can win at Home in the cup, can we carry that back into the League?? ... Well no, lost 2-1 after going ahead again, we are just unable to hold onto a lead at Home at the moment. Kusuma scored our goal. PoM: Federico Abelli.

Away vs Lugano (Challenge League - 28/4/19)

Drew 1-1 here it was a very even game, cant complain really. Kusuma scored for the second game in a row. PoM: Gilang Kusuma.

Neutral Venue vs Liechtenstein U18's (Liechtensteiner Cup Final - 1/5/19)

We've already dispatched of the U21's (3-1) so this should be a bit of a cake walk... But Cup finals are never easy and you may as well throw the form book out of the window along with the so called strongest side on paper debate! We were 2 up by half time thanks to Kuhne 39' and an O.G 41' and i thought things were going to be easy from there... But i made a wrong move with my half time team talk and things got a little 'shaky' we hung on though and even though they got a 86' minute consolation we probably deserved our 2-1 victory and i am proud to be taking the side into the Europa League next season. PoM: Simon Kuhne.

LiechtensteinerCup_OverviewStages-4_zps66b99e9d.png

Home vs Shaffhausen (Challenge League - 4/5/19)

We would of been forgiven for giving up on the league what with us now being in Europe now, but we held the top team even though we never really looked like scoring. We even had Taufer Sent Off for a second booking in the 86' minute. PoM: Norbert Frrokaj.

Home vs Le Mont LS (Challenge League - 13/5/19)

A Live TV game so we were never going to win here, i'll take the 2-2 and be happy with it. Chol Min scored both our goals in a game where we gave a 2 goal lead away, damn. PoM: Rim Chol Min.

Away vs Lausanne (Challenge League - 18/5/19)

I threw a few youngsters in because we are pretty much set for 4th at the very worst now no matter what, which we'll take happily. 0-0. PoM: Norbert Frrokaj.

Home vs Baden (Challenge League - 18/5/19)

We are 1 point above Winterthur going into this final game, a better result than them sees us finish 3rd. They lose and we smash Baden, great to finally get a goo result and performance at home. Gerlinger (2), Pizzi and Ujma (YP4b) are the scorers in a 4-0 win. PoM: Georg Gerlinger.

Final Challenge League Table;

SwissChallengeLeague_OverviewStages-14_zps05f98118.png

The Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-38_zps0751c91b.png

My Career so far...

Eschen_Mauren_HistoryManagers_zps54d6af59.png

We think we had a good year... Look at what Vaduz did!!!

National News;

Bad news for Liechtenstein: Polverino retires.

So I assume that Vaduz can't get into the Europa because they're not Swiss?

Why is that like this here when Swansea can represent England?

As far as i am aware it all depends on the agreement the clubs have with the FA of the country they are playing in. I believe Swansea and Cardiff would of taken a Welsh clubs spot in Europe a few years ago but their agreement was changed due to them making it into the top tiers and they would now take an English clubs spot. In Switzerland the Liechtensteiner clubs due not have the same agreement and the only way they can get into Europe is the Liechtensteiner cup.

Since we won the Cup this year Vaduz have their highest ever League finish and still miss out on Europe.

End of Season/Pre-Season Stuff!

The Fans Player of the Season is ..... Rim Chol Min!!!

The second time her has won it, it was very close between himself Kuhne and Captain Frrokaj.

Seasons Best XI;

Inbox_Inbox-46_zps1442ddb3.png

National News;

Not sure how but i missed this game last time out ...

Away vs Portugal (ECQ Group E - 1/4/19)

This was always going to be a beating, we'll take the 5-0 loss and just have to move on.

The Squad for games vs Hungary;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-35_zpseaf8cee1.png

Home vs Hungary (ECQ Group E - 14/6/19)

Wow, this was actually a close game... Shame to lose when we played so well but i was never really expecting to get much against Hungary.

Away vs Hungary (ECQ Group E - 17/6/19)

Gutted, we were so close to getting the draw, we were actually the better side for huge parts of this match. 6 minutes into Injury time and our dreams were shattered!

Landmarks: Sandro Wieser earned his 50th Cap, Christoph Duelli earned his 25th and Kevin Schneider scored his first goal.

ECQ Group E Table;

EuropeanChampionshipQualifying_OverviewStages-4_zpsa9afef14.png

July/August;

New Season preview;

SwissChallengeLeague_OverviewSeasonPreview-4_zps8d827c4c.png

Home vs Budocnost (Euro Cup 1st Qual. rd, Leg 1 - 4/7/19)

A much easier game than i thought against a Montenegran team. Even the fact it was a Live game couldn't stop us pulling off a 2-0 victory thanks to goals from Rim Chol Min and Andreas Malin. PoM: Raymond Tinner.

Record Attendance broken!

Away vs Budocnost (Euro Cup 1st Qual. rd, Leg 2 - 11/7/19)

I expected it to be a little tougher at their ground but within 21 minutes we were 3 up and flying thanks to Rim Chol Min scoring an HatTrick (he is loving playing in Europe) Tom Lockyer rounded the score to a nice 4-0 and we go through (6-0 on Agg). PoM: Rim Chol Min.

Away vs APOEL (Euro Cup 2nd Qual. rd, 1st Leg - 18/7/19)

This is where i expect the Euro run to end, APOEL are a very good side... But we scrape a 1-0 victory with Salanovic scoring to give us a lead to hold as we head back to our place. PoM: Dennis Salanovic.

Home vs APOEL (Euro Cup 2nd Qual. rd, 2nd Leg - 25/7/19)

Live on TV again but it turned out to not be a jinx, we managed to beat them 2-1 in a very close game with goals from Kuhne and Chol Min scoring his 5th so far in Europe, it really helped that Antic saved a Pen. PoM: Paul Becker (YP4a).

Record Attendance broken again - The fans are swarming in now that we are in Europe!!!

Away vs Neuchatel Xamax (Challenge League - 28/7/19)

Our league campaign didn't quite have the same impressive start, we did manage to score twice with Salanovic getting both but Xamax managed to pull off a 3-2 scoreline. PoM: Dennis Salanovic.

Home vs Portimonense (Euro Cup 3rd Qual. rd, Leg 1 - 1/8/19)

Another Live game but i think the TV Curse has been lifted and this should be a game we can win, Portimonense are a second tier side just like us. We pretty much dominate and pull off a 2-0 victory with goals coming from Chol Min and Schmid (YP3c). PoM: Andreas Malin.

Home vs Winterthur (Challenge League - 4/8/19)

Back in the League and this time we scrape a victory with a weakened side thanks to a single goal from Dennis Salanovic, we win 1-0. PoM: Pius Fehr.

Away vs Portimonense (Euro Cup 3rd Qual. rd, 2nd Leg - 8/8/19)

All we have to do is stop them getting 2 or more.. Should be easy right!? After the first leg domination i was perhaps a little overconfident as was the players and we were destroyed, we lost 3-0 and it started to get scary as we pushed on in the second half and they could of got more... Gutted! PoM: Jan Decker.

Home vs Lausanne (Challenge League - 11/8/19)

Coming just 3 days after the Euro loss we were still upset and in need of resting tired legs and so this 4-0 drubbing was probably always on the cards, Lausanne are easily the favorites to be Champions this year. PoM: Diego Weirather (YP3a).

Home vs Wil (Challenge League - 14/8/19)

They never really got into the game until we were 2 up, thanks to goals from Chol Min and Fritsch (YP1c) so it would of been a travesty if they had got anything, we won 2-1. PoM: Stefan Fritsch (YP1c).

Away vs Fribourg (Challenge League - 17/8/19)

Another 2-1 victory, but a much closer game this time out. Salanovic scored both goals for us. PoM: Dennis Salanovic.

Away vs Servette FC (Challenge League - 21/8/19)

Very even, 10 shots each, 3 on target each and 50/50 possession, so glad we have Salanovic on fire, he scored the only goal of the game, we win 1-0. PoM: Pius Fehr.

Home vs Lugano (Challenge League - 26/8/19)

Just in case we thought it was just the League games that we couldn't win on Live TV and the Euro wins were flukes, we win this Live game 1-0 with the only goal coming from Kuhne. PoM: Andreas Malin.

Away vs Le Mont LS (Challenge League - 31/8/19)

Youngster Oliver Schaaf (YP5a) scores his first ever goal for us and hands us a 1-0 victory in the process. PoM: Scott Wright.

Oliver Schaaf (YP5a) breaking records...

Fixtures|The Squad|Table|Transfers

New Signings;

Cosmin Barbu - May end up going back out on Loan, is one for the future.

Jan Decker - Again one for the future, once again will probably go out on Loan, due to being 4k over the wage Budget.

Ken Fleck - On Loan from Rangers, backup CF.

Scott Wright - Again on Loan from Rangers and will be backup at CB or CM.

Sebastian Hartmann - Will slot straight in at RB with a little competition from Stefan Fritsch (YP1c)

Seasons Key Players;

Tom Lockyer - May have to shift him on if i cant get rid of some other squad players due to his high wage, otherwise is key at CM or CB.

Simon Kuhne - Is often our main creative force, scores his fair share of goals.

Rim Chol Min - Top Scorer and Fans Player of the Year, needs a big year with his contract up next summer and him getting closer to 30.

Good start to the league but I expect that Neuchatel Xamax will be stronger this season and win it. It's a shame there's only one promotion spot tbh.

Shame about the Europa but hopefully you can win the cup again and get back next season. Did the Europa do much for your finances?

Xamax have started well but it is Lausanne who i am more expecting to win the league. It pulled us in 80k for a win so thats always going to help and we got a round further than i thought (before the draws), on the finances front our Main sponsorship and Kit sponsorship both run out at the end of this season (we have had them for 3 and 4 years respectively) and i fully expect them to be much higher than they are at the moment 4k and 30k (rounded up). We are in the black at the moment mostly because of the new Chairman's Loan and he put in just over a Million to help with running costs. I'd just love our wages to be able to go up really, we are paying £575 a week on average, 8 players are on £600+ with Lockyer topping the wage table on £900 (youth players are on £200).

September/October;

Home vs Neuchatel Xamax (Challenge League - 14/9/19)

Is this a re-run!? Oliver Schaff (YP5a) scores the only goal of the game to hand us a 1-0 victory... We lose Pizzi and Lockyer to Injury. PoM: Scott Wright.

Home vs Luzern (Challenge League - 28/9/19)

We are having a really good run and it doesn't end here, we pull off an excellent 2-1 victory with Simon Kuhne scoring both our goals. PoM: Simon Kuhne.

Away vs Wil (Challenge League - 2/10/19)

We had to stumble at some point and an Own Goal from Wright after Kusuma had opened the scoring with a penalty was .. Unfortunate. We drew 1-1. PoM: Norbert Frrokaj.

Away vs Winterthur (Challenge League - 5/10/19)

Salanovic was back on the scoresheet and we are slowly discovering that when he scores we win, he hits 2 and we pull off a 2-1 victory. PoM: Dennis Salanovic.

Home vs Fribourg (Challenge League - 23/10/19)

A thumping handed out by us, Salanovic, Lockyer and Najoe are the scorers in this 3-0 win. PoM: Tom Lockyer.

Away vs Lausanne (Challenge League - 26/10/19)

Lausanne are proving to be just too good for us and we cannot score against them, 2-0 loss, in our defense we did have 2 players Sent Off for second bookable offences the both of them, Scott Wright 40' and Paul Becker (YP4a) 90+2' 8 yellow cards handed to our team all in all. PoM: Andreas Malin.

Transfers|Finanaces

Just a few more Loans out to report.

The Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-42_zpsc40b0f6b.png

Current Challenge League Table;

SwissChallengeLeague_OverviewStages-16_zps5a0ab233.png

National News;

Euro Qual's Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-37_zps6292809e.png

Away vs Estonia (ECQ Group E - 6/9/19)

Landmarks: 16 Year Old Elias Kramer makes his Liechtenstein debut.

Home vs Belarus (ECQ Group E - 9/9/19)

Landmarks: Elias Kramer scores his first Liechtenstein Goal, the 16 year old already looks like he'll have a great future at International level. Dario Biedermann makes his debut and Stefan Fritsch (YP1c) earns his 10th Cap.

ECQ Group E

CB Gur retires.

FIFA World Rankings.

October International Squad;

Ooops, forgot to take a squad pic for these games...

Away vs British Virgin Is. (Friendly - 11/10/19)

Landmarks: Jens Weber (YP2a) earns his first Liechtenstein Cap, Philipp Muntwiler earns his 5th Cap, Ramon Cecchini earns his 20th Cap, Diego Weirather (YP3a) earns his 10th Cap and Norbert Frrokaj earns his 10th.

Home vs Portugal (ECQ Group E - 14/10/19)

November - February (Through Winter break);

Home vs Servette FC (Challenge League - 2/11/19)

We pull off a 2-0 victory with goals from Pizzi and Kuhne, first choice GK is missing and 18 y/o Jager keeps a clean sheet. PoM: William Pizzi.

Away vs Liechtenstein U18's (Liechtensteiner Cup Qtr Final - 5/11/19)

I put in every YP tagged player i could as well as mostly U21's and we earned a tough 3-2 victory over Vaduz' U18's team. Goals were courtesy of an Oliver Schaaf (YP5a) HatTrick. PoM: Oliver Schaaf (YP5a).

Away vs Lugano (Challenge League - 10/11/19)

Back into league action and it's another Clean Sheet, this time for the returning Antic and with goals from Salanovic and Kuhne we pull off a 2-0 win. PoM: Simon Kuhne.

Home vs Le Mont LS (Challenge League - 23/11/19)

Salanovic scores and we win, Schaaf (YP5a) scored the other in a 2-0 victory. PoM: Norbert Frrokaj.

Away vs Luzern (Challenge League - 4/12/19)

I'll have to take full responsibility for this loss, i changed the team and tactics massively and it just did not work and we lost 2-1, Finke (YP3b) scored our consolation. PoM: Tom Lockyer.

Away vs Neuchatel Xamax (Challenge League - 7/12/19)

Just when we looked like we had come back from behind to get the win thanks to goals from Schaaf (YP5a) and Salanovic they score and Injury time equalizer with the whistle set to go at anu second and pull off a steal. 2-2 draw. PoM: Oliver Schaaf (YP5a).

Home vs Wil (Challenge League - 14/12/19)

We expected to win this one comfortably, but things do not always go how you expect in football and we lose to a solitary goal in a pretty poor game, 1-0 loss. PoM: Gilang Kusuma.

Rim Chol Min and Kim Kuk-Jin have taken Liechtensteiner Citizenship in order to not be classed as Foreigners in the 4 Non EU league Limits.

Transfers - A few more players sent out on Loan to ease the wages a little. Finances are again looking pretty terrible, all projections of staying in the black have been thrown out the window.

But in good news, the Challenge league Table makes for great viewing...

SwissChallengeLeague_OverviewStages-17_zpsc0971298.png

The Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-44_zpsd9db16b2.png

Key Players so far;

Boban Antic - His clean sheets and a couple of penalty saves have kept us in games.

Tom Lockyer - Has played much more at CB this year, but does fill in at CM. Has been excellent so far.

Dennis Salanovic - Has scored some important goals, stepping up while Chol Min went through a 19 hour barren spell. All while not having a contract (we cant afford to renew it meeting his demands).

Gilang Kusuma - Has been one of the better and more consistent performers so far this year.

Oliver Schaaf (YP5a) - One to watch, has scored 7 goals in 6 starts (6 sub apps). He doesn't even turn 17 until next Summer.

National News;

November's International Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-39_zpsff4886df.png

Home vs Estonia (ECQ Group E - 15/11/19)

Won 2-1.

Landmarks: Simon Kuhne earned his 40th Cap and scored his 10th International goal.

Away vs Belarus (ECQ Group E - 18/11/19)

Landmarks: Cengiz Bicer earned his 25th Cap.

International Best XI for 2019.

February/March!

Youth Prospects 2020;

USVEschen_MaurenYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers-6_zpsbfac1b0d.png

Christopher Petrov YP6 Profile|Coach Report

Away vs Fribourg (Challenge League - 22/2/20)

Back in the League and back with a bang, 8 goals scored and with Pizzi (2), Salanovic, Kusuma and Kuhne scoring for us we grab a 5-3win, they had a player sent off with 5 minutes to go while it was 3-3. PoM: William Pizzi.

Home vs Winterthur (Challenge League - 26/2/20)

Salanovic scored the only goal of the game in an hard battled 1-0 victory. PoM: Sebastian Hartmann.

Home vs Lausanne (Challenge League - 29/2/20)

There is always one team that steps up for promotion and pretty much dominates the league, Lausanne are this years, they are just too good and we cannot buy a win against them (well actually we cant buy anything right now...). Lost 2-0, Hartmann Sent Off. PoM: Daniel Eggestein.

Home vs Lugano (Challenge League - 9/3/20)

I'd checked a couple of winnable friendlies between the last league game and this one as i thought we needed a morale boosting run, it must of worked as Lugano never really looked like scoring and we ran out 1-0 winners. Schaaf (YP5a) scored the only goal. PoM: Gilang Kusuma.

Challenge League Table;

SwissChallengeLeague_OverviewStages-18_zps820728da.png

Current Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-45_zpsa3b931c4.png

National news;

The Squad;

Squad_PlayersPlayers-46_zpsca554c46.png

Away vs Moldova (Friendly - 27/3/20)

Lost 3-1, with Simon Kuhne scoring our consolation goal.

Landmarks: Fabian Kunz (YP5b) made his Liechtenstein Debut, while Boban Antic earned Cap number 5.

Archived