FM08 - How To Increase Your Coaching Staff Numbers (Could be seen as a "Tip" or "Cheat")

Is this what you mean x42bn6? If so mate then this way of explaining it made more sense than yours but that is not necessarily the case to everyone obviously, yours is as good but I just understood this one easier, probably because yours had more "posh" words in it :):)

I may as well just go ahead and do it again...

Let's just say you have a limit of 1 assistant manager and 8 coaches, and you currently have 1 assistant manager and 7 coaches. The trick would be to offer all 7 coaches assistant manager contracts - some will accept, some won't - for argument's sake, let's just say they all accept. However, when you change staff roles, you can go over your board's limits. In this case, you'll end up with 8 assistant managers and 0 coaches.

So what's the point of this? You might have inflated your wage budget - is there an advantage? Yes, there is - you now can sign 8 new coaches who will train alongside your 8 assistant managers giving you 16 staff members excluding yourself. That's not all - you can offer these 8 new coaches assistant manager contracts after they sign for your club (you'll get a message in your inbox with a red dot - confirm that and hit continue once, then offer then the assistant manager contract) - and then you'll have 16 assistant managers and 0 coaches. You can then sign - I suppose you get the point.

In the initial case, we had one spare slot for a coach. The initial offering of all your coaches assistant manager contracts is not compulsory, in this case; however, it means you can only sign one coach and promote at a time (1/7 -> 1/8 -> 2/7 -> 2/8 -> 3/7 -> and so on).

So when you're done (i.e. 7 stars in all categories), you'll have a large number of assistant managers - all that's left is to offer them all coaching contracts again. As before, you can go over your board's limits - so you can end up with tons of coaches.

You can leave them as assistant managers - bear in mind, though, that they gain reputation faster than coaches so if you're really successful, very soon, all your assistant managers will have continential/world class reputations. And since most, if not all, assistant managers also would not be opposed to becoming managers, it simply leaves all your assistant managers more vulnerable to being poached by clubs as their reputations are so high.

The advantage of leaving them all assistant managers is that if you lose one of them through poaching/retirement, you can repeat the process (sign a coach and later promote). You can't do that if you've converted them all back into coaches - you'd have no space to sign a new coach. You'd have to offer assistant manager contracts to coaches so that you can get a slot back.

In summary:

~ Spot a coach. Ensure he will accept a role as assistant manager. Sign him as a coach.

~ Eventually, he'll accept and you'll get a red message in your inbox. Confirm the signing.

~ Hit continue.

~ Now you'll have this new coach. Offer him an assistant manager contract.

~ Keep continuing until you get a new red message confirming his "signing". Confirm this.

~ Hit continue.

~ Done! You've now broken the game.

A lot of staff will accept lower wages as coaches although some refuse.

Thanks mate this method seemed alot more clearer. Probably because last time I posted it was very late, early in the morning even :) so I was very tired. Sorry for making you explain it over and over.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived