We Need Worse Chairmen!!!

Ah, the old realism vs. fun debate. It never goes away. Personally I've never seen them as things that are opposed to each other. One of the reasons I love the game so much is because of how realistic it already is. And I like the fact that it always seems to be striving to improve how realistic an experience you get from it.

However, even I'll accept that there are limits. This comes largely from a number of threads I've been involved in over the past few weeks, really. People have made me see that there are certain instances where increased realism might subordinate fun. Nowhere is this more the case than if you take transfer policy out of the hands of the manager.

reigns of the present chairmans would be nice in the game too by the way. sometimes there are known names waiting around the corner for the next election. sometimes when the present chairman steps down a new management takes control in the game but those games are mostly, how can i say, regens too?

these "waiting-for-the-right-time" names would be added as non-players to the game. that would be interesting too...

I agree with mikes point above. Most people see realism vs fun but for me its more of realism = fun.

I'm all for realism, but I don't think it's a case of realism vs fun, it's more a case of how far can we take realism until it jsut isn't fun?

If we take realism as fun in general and make the game as realistic as possible we would have no control over player contracts, training, transfer negotiations, finances etc.

A realistic game would see us creating a shortlist, picking a team and tactics and watching a match, everything else would be controlled by coaches and board, that isn't much of a game tbh.

Realism does = fun, but as with anything there's a point where we have to consider how much it will affect the games position as a game.

Archived