Women's football

Suge

Maybe just include it as a small game demo like FM07 had Hocky manager or whatever. Dont see how it can be a stand alone game and actually sell.

It wouldn't, certainly not for several years anyway. Just look at Rugby. That's a popular sport, but there's a lack of games on the market for it. Rugby is a hell of a lot more popular then womens foorball, so if there are only a couple of companies willing to make a Rugby game, why would any even consider making one for womens football? With increased marketing and an improvement in both quality and competition, then it might reach the stage where a company would make a game, but thats a long way off at the moment.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't think there's any need for it in FM, I'm also of the impression that women's football is seriously overrated by some people. Germany (the world champion!) lost 0-3 against the men's U17 team of VfB Stuttgart in 2003 in a game only lasting 45 minutes. The German women's champion Turbine Potsdam lost 3-10 against a 7th level men's team (Teltower FV) in 2004. The level of the best women is awfully low compared to men in football. I'd bet that my team (2nd to last level!) could take on any German Women's Bundesliga side and win.

There is not enough interest in womens football to merit wasting the man power on including it

I'm happy women have the option to become footballers and good luck to them, but let's be realistic, it will never reach anywhere near the same level of interest that mens football generates and as such has no place in the worlds leading football management sim

As a side note, I don't enjoy watching women in any sport, football or otherwise. Men are faster, stronger and in general more exciting to watch in sports

Archived