[WIP] Netbook 1024x600 Skin

michaeltmurrayuk

A few people recently have been asking about skins for the new and popular small laptops with a screen size of 1024x600.

So I've decided to see what I can do to make the game better at 1024x600 (mainly to get my skinning knowledge backup in time for FM09).

Bare in mind this isn't going to be perfect - the resolution chops off ~170 pixels from the height - that's about the size of the header and footer.

The people using these screens - does the game take up the whole screen, or do you have to play in windowed mode with the window border?

So some things are going to need to be cut, so for anyone who is running one of these laptops what buttons do you hardly use and wouldn't mind losing? Does anyone use the Bookmarks menu? What Quicklinks do people not use?

After spending a couple of hours messing around with the code, I've managed to reclaim a fair bit of space, below are a couple of very rough screen shots (I haven't messed around with any of the graphics yet - apart from reducing the size of the titlebar, the quicklinks toolbar will be returning, the main logos will depend on what space is available):

netbook1uf5.th.jpg netbook2iu0.th.jpg netbook3ed2.th.jpg

Also if Ter or any Skinners are reading this - is it possible for the players position in the title bar to be displayed as AM (RLC) instead of Attacking Midfielder (Right, Left, Centre)?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could get rid of the scrolls in the player profile if you change the the line for the "default control height" in the settings file. Change the height from 20 to 18 and no scrolls anymore.

Other than that, the skin looks really good.

My 1000 post finnaly I'm no amateur!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived