Couple of quick questions

Sorry if this all has been answered but I did a search and checked the FAQ

I'm creating a custom save, see here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbn-GULJa0s&list=UULcz0pw41XQRIPjWgz1uOZQ

That should give you the background info.

The problem I'm having is that a lot of the clubs aren't buying enough players - City and Chelsea have about 18 top players on the 24th August and teams like Blackburn and Sheff Utd have maybe 6 or 7 each. The rest of the squads are obviously filled with grey players.

What are my options to resolve this?

Is there something in the club philosophies causing a problem?

Is the high reputation doing something? I don't want to lower it and risk the best players being snapped up by other leagues.

I realise that free transfers can be brought in after the August deadline but the dream was that each team would have full squads by the first game of the season. Is it worth loading extra leagues and starting ever earlier? is there a league that starts in June for example?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The AI is notoriously bad at filling empty squads such as you have, it is something it has not been designed to do. I am not sure if there is a work around this. German leagues start in June however, so you could start there to have more time in pre-season.

The only other thing you could do is to give teams a head start by randomly assigning more players to each squad, which may not be ideal for what you want to do but would at least get it off the ground.

As far as I know there is no work around. This is why you'll also see teams with very small squads mid season 10 seasons into a game as well, because they've not signed enough in the previous window. As said, randomly assign X number of players to the squad. The club may then decide to sell them, but if it does this then it's likely they'll get replaced.

Archived