[14.2.0] Conceding too much on corner kicks

For the first time, I have really noticed the problem with conceding with corner kicks on a save. Just started one today with Millwall, and found that despite a fairly solid set of lumpy centrebacks, and players with decent aerial ability, I concede next to no goals from open play, but have conceded 10+ already. In the space of a few matches.

I don't mind being outplayed or the opposition scoring screamers, but it's the one part of a game which is a lottery, and it just doesn't feel very even.

All hail the mighty Cornermeroon:

2014-01-29_00002_zps0db73fb5.jpg

It was a Cameroon Vs Mexico Final. Cameroon knocked my Greece side out in the last 16 with an extra time winner....from a corner. :) In fairness though my goal was scored from a corner also, shame i couldn't put away the clear cut chances else it'd have been a different story. (Proper head in hands misses as well)

2014-01-28_00001_zps5eab3ac2.jpg

I have to say that corners also get me out of a lot of sticky situations, those days where I'm missing easy chance after easy chance. Then Kryigakos would pop up with a header from a corner to give us a 1-0 win. Think between my 2 centre backs they had 18 goals last season. They are also however the reason i haven't beaten Olympiakos yet but it's swings and roundabouts i guess.

I find putting a man marking the 6 yard box and having a man on the edge of the area helps a little bit but sometimes it's just the way it goes. I often find myself shouting at my defenders to actually get off the ground as they seem to be allergic to jumping some games.

Archived