[FM 14] My Stockport County Story - From Unemployed To Champion

koko198887

Hello everyone. My first post here, i've been reading this forum for some time but only now i made an account to share my story. A little something about me ... i've stared playing football manager games when i was about 11 or 12, and my first game was Player Manager 1999, which i think was an underrated game and was one of my favorites. Then i went to Premier League Manger 00, 01 and 02 from EA and of course followed by Championship Manager and from 05 Football Manager.

So lets get down to buisnes ...First i have to say that i've been playing on this save from the day i got the game and i'll upload this thread every 1-2 days with a new season. So i started FM 14 unemployed but willing to work only for Stockport, a tier 6 club from England that plays in Skrill North, a pretty easy and popular choice from what i read because of the financal balance and big stadium.

Database : Large with attribute masking selected.

Leagues Added:

1111111111111111111111111111111111111.png

Stockport_County_crest_2011.png

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222.png

Untitled.png

I got there on 14/7/2013 and the financial balance was 420,000 euros with a wage budget around 340k but as i said the stadium was a big advantage as i had the biggest division attendance at 2968 people per game which is nice considering the low tier. Here's a pic of the beautiful all-seater stadium Edgeley Park that was initially build for rugby league club Stockport in 1901. By 1902, the rugby club was defunct and Stockport County Football Club moved in.

Edgeley_Park_panoramic.jpg

Skrill North 2013-2014 season

My Objective:

Promotion to Skrill Premier, and as far as i can in FA Cup. I had no interest in the FA Trophy.

Tactics:

I had the same tactic for my first 7 seasons and only switched it in the 2021/2022 season.

tact.png

Transfers:

Nothing special here i bought 2 players for 35k in total, loaned in another 3 from. Just the best players available at that point.

image.png

image.png

Fixtures:

Friendly games:

A nice win against Aston Villa U21 but ended the preseason with 2 defeats against teams in even lower tiers.

333.png

The League, first part:

The media predicted the 1st place but the start wasn't so good, only 5 points in the first 5 games and already the board wasn't pleased. Things started to click late in September, October and December with 9 wins in 12 games but it still wasn't enough as only the first team goes up with a playoff race for teams in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place. Steven Tames the striker that i loaned from Skrill Premier side Southport was in a fantastic form scoring in those months scoring 17 goals with an amazing game at Hednesford were he finished with 4 goals.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Cups:

A good run in the FA Cup with some useful money but with a clear defeat by League 2 side Accrington.

fixt.png

The League, part two:

It was a bad second half with only 3 wins in January and February as i started going down in the standings. Once again the board was not happy with the media always saying that i will be sacked if i won't win the next gam. Very hard moment it's difficult to win the league. I came up close with only 2 points between me and Worchester but it was very important to me to finish 2nd as in Skrill N/S the finals of the playoffs is played at the higher teams home ground.

image.png

The League and Playoffs:

Finished second ( 21w, 10d, 11l with +18 GD ) with the second best attack and for a spot in the Final i had to eliminate the team that i faced prior, just 4 days ago Harrogate with the first game at them. A two goal salvo from Steven Tames sealed the deal, he was the best player for my side finishing overall with 18 goals, 4 assists, 5 POM and an average rating of 7.22 for the season. In front of a crowd of 6,765 i lost the second leg in a close game with 0-1 ( Ashley Worshold 18' )

Here are the playoff final played against 3rd seed Glouchester, a team that had 73 points just like me.

cdcd.png

A dissapointing, dramatic elimination that was hard to take for me. It was a huge blow as i was expecting to advance in League 2 after two consecutive promotions. Next year i hoped to gain a safe promotion to Skrill Premier, after a couple of signings in the summer.

Best Eleven and League Table:

image.png

nnnnn.png

Thank you for reading, i hoped you enjoyed. I have to say that i had the ss from old saves, not sure what save i have left, i will have to see. you're welcome to suggest thing, ideas, opinions, etc. See you for season 2014/2015.

Skrill North 2014/2015 season

My objective:

Win the league in dominating fashion, no excuses no playoffs. Also a good FA Cup performance, better than the 1st round in my first season.

Tactics:

The same tactic, i think it's a good tactic for lower league managment to play without wingers, you could find players easier.

Transfers:

i got rid of all the bad contracts that sucked all my wage budget last year. Now i have a better balance and players with higher quality and potential.

out_zps595fca4f.png

I also found a nice regen without any previous experience at any club a Rb with the potential to became a good League 1 defender and a Gk with the current abillity of a decent Skrill Premier player, Lance Cronin.

transfersin_zpse44d78c9.png

gay_zps8ae854d3.png

Fixtures:

Friendly games:

First off all i have to say i just arrange this games and don't play them, i let my assistent which isn't doing a fantastic job. I was able to get 4 big away games that helped my financal balance. With the salary cap down, with the highest attendance in the league i can now say the club is profitable.

m_zps3b56fa44.png

The League, first part:

I was pleased with my first part, especially the fantastic away performance 12 games 9 wins and 3 draws. Steven Tames score 11 goals away from home. He had a stellar season scoring 42 goals with 12 assists, 9 POM and a 7.58 rating, best in the league.

n_zps6c8a1fda.png

Cups:

It's very hard to advance past the first round in the FA Cup, i got Southend but at least i played at home, the 288k gate recieps was huge and very important for me.

ff15051d1a_zpsf46c1129.png

The League, part two:

I was in a good position for the first spot and in January as i bought two very good players, Samuel Dog and Miroslav Slepicka but things din't click. After two defeats in the first part i went on a 7 games with 1 win run which cost me and i went down, exactly where i was in the season before. during this time telford went on a 9 games with 8 wins.

part2_zps7e6f2779.png

The League and Playoffs:

Overall the season was better 10 more points than last year but i entered the playoffs with a bad loss agasint North Ferriby and i slided to the 3rd place. That meant if me and Guiseley advanced that i will have to play for a spot in Skrill Premier away from home. That happened but first i had 2 games vs Stalybridge.

99_zps63aa2f1f.png

stay2_zpsca025a12.png

555_zps2103990b.png

Huge blow for me right before the final as my false nine, Slepicka a player well above this level with a big contract got injured. he played 12 games with 2 goals and 5 assists, but was very important in my sistem.

In front of a sold out 3000 crowd i started as bad as possible with a goal in the 4th minute. As my false 9 was injured so all my hope was in Steven Tames ... and he delivered scoring in the 36th minute. Magno Viera a brazilian amc on load from a tier above side Forest Green scored a huge goal after the break and i was in control...that until the 84 minute. This remendid me of last year final. Late in the first half on extra time once again Phil Marsh scored for Guisley and i had to go all-in with an attacking tactic. Shane Sloots a 17 year old regen gave me a fantastic win when nobody expected in the 121 minute and i'm going to the the Skrill Premier!

final_zps9188ece6.png

table_zps43148f20.png

e11_zps27b2ea01.png

Archived