*** Live from Ceasar's Palace, Las Vegas - The 2004 CMS Awards ***

Raptor

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Famous Personalities - The Legends

Every strand of society has its legendary figure, who have entered the realms of folklore, and CMS was no different. Many people argued over who was, and who wasn’t a Legend, but there can be no doubt the three people listed below have attained this status and so much more.

Benny – Hailed as the greatest writer CMS has ever seen, benny was one of the very first writers to use an ‘off the field’ scenario, and was possibly the funniest writer, although its doubtful he really was the best, such things are really only a matter of opinion. ( The James Dean syndrome comes to mind icon_wink.gif) Nevertheless, benny has truly become, in the real sense of the word, the one true Legend of the CMS era.

Peacemaker7 – ‘Arrogant, argumentative and completely condescending’. To say that Peacemaker7 arrived on CMS in a blaze of glory would be an understatement, virtually sweeping up at the 2001 awards ceremony. Never one to shirk an argument, PM7 has probably upset more people on the forum than anyone else, but there is no doubting his talent as a writer.

Flipsix A very talented writer who must surely now rank amongst the forum greats. His sweep of the 2003 awards ceremony moved him into the status of Legend. And a nice guy into the bargaining. Sickening, isn’t it icon_wink.gif

And now onto the award for best idea. My husband once had a 'good idea' but a pot of boiling water soon put him off that notion I can tell you.

BEST STORY IDEA

Bringing Up Baby - A Different Approach to The Lisbon Lions Challenge. (Peacemaker7)

Continental Drift - A Tale of Six Unknown Men. (Peacemaker7)

Do my eyes deceive me or is that Schumacher … scoring from 25 yards?! (Dixie Flatline)

Football Management 101 (LOTR Challenge) (Doctor Who)

Gee Dubya, Who Made You Coach? (BobBev)

Robber Barons of the Côte d'Azur -Chronicles from the Dark Underbelly of French Football (OMDave)

The Glory Hunter (BobBev)

"Who's calling the Shots?" A TV mini-series, rated PG (Doctor Who)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mrs Doyle:

Flipsix ....and a nice guy into the bargaining. Sickening, isn’t it icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I jsut do it to offset the PM7 effect icon_wink.gif

Well Mrs. Doyle, it may be my turn to announce the winner, but I will leave the presentation of the award to you, as you would no doubt like to kiss the winner: Peacemaker7 for his Bringing Up Baby!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mrs Doyle:

Yes hes a very naughty boy at times, Im sure you're a good boy Flipsix. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ it's been at least fifteen years since anyone called me a boy icon_biggrin.gif

Back to a bit of history now... and the tale of how CMS established itself as a self-moderating forum...

The Making of CMS - The Mod ‘Election’

Before the appointments of Raptor and silver_blue, the CMS forum had descended into a chaotic mess. The two legends though were not the only people to believe they could moderate the forum, and it seemed the current mods were a bit offended at the goings . Eventually though common sense won out. Just imagine the state the place would be in if SMSL and SaC had been picked instead icon_wink.gif

Raptor wants to run the show, talk about an ego.

SMSL really thought he had chance

SaC throws his hat into the ring. Notice how a panicking Raptor tries to put him off.

It seemed not everyone was overly happy with the ‘mod election’

Raptor’s arselicking finally pays off as he is crowned.

And then of course, Raptor’s ego needed boosting as he stood for ‘re-election’ What nonsense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo_4eva:

I didn't read the story but congratulations anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats ok I never read any of yours. icon_razz.gif

Thanks guys, and Mrs Doyle if I was still a mod you'd be in trouble granny!

Back on the awards front, we're up to our 4th of the night: the Perseverance Award...

No fewer than seven people were entered into the second round, which was a close contest...

PERSEVERANCE AWARD

Dixie Flatline

Donners

Faramir

Gino

Gricehead

John O'Shea

Juni

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gino:

ahaha I remember lurking through most of those threads icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before I joined. Interesting stuff. This place used to be exciting icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo_4eva:

I didn't read the story but congratulations anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats ok I never read any of yours. icon_razz.gif

Thanks guys, and Mrs Doyle if I was still a mod you'd be in trouble granny! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was an incredible story though... man I spent hours reading yours icon_wink.gif

Famous Personalities -. The Fannys

The opposite of a legend is a fanny, and on CMS we’ve had more than our fair share. Even Jambo4_eva cannot begin to compare to these guys!

Jack O’Sullivan – J@cko, Jack the Twat, the little boy who never grew up, poor Jack was possibly the most maligned person ever to appear on CMS. The truth is though, that most of the criticisms and abuse he received were well deserved, and for a long time he had the most ferocious feud with Bozz.He did mature towards the end of his time on CMS, and proved when posting under the alias ‘Gordon Brittas’ that he really was a decent writer.

Ipswich Finest – There’s no doubt that Lewis was a talented writer, but he was also a very annoying person, and that’s being polite. The only person ever to be booted out of UCMS for cheating, he was along with Noel, instrumental in the flop that was CMSane, an attempt to create an alternative UCMS.

Pickles Most forums have their idiots, and CMS is no exception. Pickles was an utter turd for most of his CMS ‘career’ without the redeeming features of even being a decent writer. Like most idiots though, he did seem to settle down more as time went on.

I see our script writer hasn't even lowered himself to a mention of Charlie and his dozen aliases icon_smile.gif

Young Euan dear, would you get me another wine please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Katie Frost:

I see our script writer hasn't even lowered himself to a mention of Charlie and his dozen aliases icon_smile.gif

Young Euan dear, would you get me another wine please? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly icon_biggrin.gif *passes wine*

The next award is for the best Western European Story

It was in Germany I met my first husband, but thats another story.

The nominees are:

BEST WESTERN EUROPEAN STORY

"It's Kind Of Like The Marshall Plan.." - The 1.FC Dynamo Dresden Story (Pred)

Dear Mum, You Won't Believe It! (spurzgrrl)

Deutschland über alles - The Return (Harleqin)

One For Raptor (James M)

Robber Barons of the Côte d'Azur -Chronicles from the Dark Underbelly of French Football (OMDave)

Certainly icon_biggrin.gif *passes wine* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(k)

The winner is a talented writer and an active new community member, capping his first year with this award: OMDave

Congratulations dear icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OMDave:

Shouldn't that be 'The Fannies'? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A young man in Edinburgh once wanted to look at my fanny, but I said now now Elliot, you're way too young you naughty boy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gino:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flipsix3:

Pickled Fanny

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't even want to know where your mind is going... icon_eek.gif

West Country delicacy? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OMDave:

Shouldn't that be 'The Fannies'? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pre-WW2 spelling she says, I've tried reasoning, but alas. icon_frown.gif

A young man in Edinburgh once wanted to look at my fanny, but I said now now Elliot, you're way too young you naughty boy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's scary...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Give it up Doyle you dirty slag. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonders if PM is secretly doing a screen-test for Guy Ritchie

Archived