Help with my Liverpool tactic

I have always been a fan of 4-2-3-1 ayssmetric system and use it as often as whatever team allows player wise.

Im finding controlling a game hard and also notice my players will take long shots needlessly or to another extreme try to walk it right into the goal. i can't find a happy medium there. Also my defenders usually get very low ratings and play terrible, they keep losing their man, the opposition striker/s runs past them like their not even there.

FORMATION

for me i like this as i get to play a player in every part of the field.

formation_zpsd5114197.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS I'm sure there are plenty of flaws here regarding formation and team instructions.

instructions_zps8c271837.jpg

FLUIDITY & MENTALITY

fluidityampmentality_zpsf55dbab3.jpg

MY DEFENSIVE PLAYERS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Goalkeeper

keeper_zpsae21d9b3.jpg

Leftback

leftback_zpse633a46f.jpg

Rightback

rightback_zpsc50cd83c.jpg

LCB stopper

LCB_zps4fdc97b1.jpg

RCB cover

RCB_zps53bf6a51.jpg

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

DM_zps8dc63407.jpg

My aim is to have a man in every part of the pitch not only to try and win the ball back but also to counter attack in any area of the pitch. Also my aim is to be able to play this formation both home and away having both attacking and defending sides to it unlike the ordinary 4-2-3-1 formation (for instance if i used a 4-2-3-1 ans was playing away i might have to drop both my center midfielders deep but using my ayssmetric i always have one back guarding my defence, where as using 4-2-3-1 w/ two deep midfielders im losing alot of ground in the center of the pitch. Also if im playing a 4-4-2 playing side i would apply exploit the middle and play narrower hoping the like of Lucas and Stevie G/Coutinho could do the damage through the middle and unlock teams. When playing a 4-5-1 or the more advanced 4-2-3-1 i believe i still have them man for man and not be exposed in any particular position but don't know what shout to give regarding where to exploit for peerhaps just leave that be unless the wingers are weak.

But i ALWAYS struggle against 4-4-2 even when applying exploit the middle and play narrower here are three example from my new game

Against 4-4-2

1_zps59546bbe.jpg 2_zps8f6e6719.jpg 3_zps8d5a4a04.jpg results_zpsc08f39ad.jpg

You are using too many team/player instructions. I had similar problems and decided to start from basics, removing all the team/player instruction tweaks. As a result, results improved dramatically. Only use the team instructions if you are very sure of what they will do. I normally use them during games to acheive certain aims such as retaining possession, exploiting certain parts of the field etc.

You are using too many team/player instructions. I had similar problems and decided to start from basics, removing all the team/player instruction tweaks. As a result, results improved dramatically. Only use the team instructions if you are very sure of what they will do. I normally use them during games to acheive certain aims such as retaining possession, exploiting certain parts of the field etc.

Totally agree, FAR too many instructions. I'd suggest significantly reducing these and keeping it simple to start, then add the odd one here and there and see what affect it has and whether you like it/fits your preferred style.

You have 2 playmakers, therefore I would recommend pulling your fluidity back to balanced (see 12 step guide).

Only other observations are.... Moses can be Supporting, I think Hendo is more of a DW, I'd play a WB behind your IF to use the space available as the IF cuts inside.

Why can i not beat a team playing a flat 4-4-2 formation?

should i have my two centerbacks man mark the two forwards?

at the moment i don't, honestly didn't think about it.

could that be my answer?

and anyone else struggling against a flat 4-4-2? :o

A strange tactic will take longer to get used to for your team than a regular 4231.

Some stuff: Sturridge is a leftie, he probably does better on the left side of the pitch. Also Gerrard has goes forward often ppm, with an attacking mentality instructed he might go forward to often instead of actually playmaking. He also might be battling for the same space as the AML/IF-a.

You aren't a tactic genius. (no offense meant, neither am I) You still use instructions like Bob Ross uses paint. Remove all the individual instruction and most team instructions.

Instructions are the new sliders. People overused sliders, know they overuse instructions.

Archived