FM14 - What club will you start with and why?

I'm currently playing my first proper save as Widzew Lodz in Poland, I'm quite enjoying the challenge as there is little money in Polish Football. I think I get £9,000 for every game televised game, so most of the money is coming from selling players. I'm in my fourth season now and there are quite a few good players coming from the Youth Team up to the First Team I managed to win the League in my 4th Season after finishing 11th, 2nd, 2nd in the previous seasons.

The best part of the challenge is trying get into Europe, my first venture was in the Europa League where we finished bottom but the money from the games helped the Finances massively, I entered the Champions League the season after in the Qualifying Phase and after overcoming PAOK we were soundly hammered by Napoli and entered the Europa League where after a incredible run which included luck of avoiding the bigger teams I made it to the Quarter-Finals. This season after being Champions domestically I entered the group phase and have been drawn against PSG, Roma & Swansea!

There's no particular reason I chose Widzew I just fancied the challenge of trying to take a low-level Polish side to the top and compete with Lech Poznan & Legia for the titles and I'm quite enjoying it even more so now I managed to grab my first League Title. Now to knock Legia of their perch :)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been playing since CM2 so i (like a lot of you guys) have like a list of teams i always gravitate back to every season. Since FM05 i ALWAYS do a save in germany with Gladbach and Dorchester Town in the BSS.

Love the german league because you can turn any team into a good side due to solid stadiums, finance and the lack of foreign restrictions.

Archived