Your very own interview:

1. Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Ommerson, a dutch manager who started out in swedish 4th tier and 20 seasons (in Sweden (Morön, Oskarshamn, Raslätts) Norway (Randaberg), Belgium (Hamoir, Maldegem), Portugal (Pampilhosa) and England (Bristol C, Crewe), mostly lower league) later find myself in Ligue 1 with Nîmes Olympique (3rd season at the club).

2. How have you done this season?

Quite well, considering we lifted the Ligue 2 title last season and it's my first time at top level this career. Furthermore we're strapped for cash so had to release some key players. Luckily loan-striker Mohammed Baccarelli finds the net early on. We've won two, drew 1 and lost 2 so far this early season.

3. Why do you think you did so well/so badly?

Spirits are still high after the title win in League 2 and there's some experience in the squad. It's a very narrow squad though, so now that the first injuries are here I think we will do very well if we avoid the drop.

4. Who is your key player and why?

I have 3 key players: Murab Zivzivadze (a Georgian central defender), Anthony Barrios (a Bolivian left winger) and Eduardo Molina (a Guatemalan right winger). Zivzivadze is the rock in defence I attracted on a free in my first season, the two latino's are assist-cannons (both are injured at this time, unfortunately).

5. Do you think you will stay at your club long term?

No, I usually get bored after 3 or 4 seasons and try to find another challenge. I might stay if this top-level season turns out to be an interesting one (relegation battle or european qualification). But the Lower League Itch is slowly starting to become quite persistant.

6. How is your club doing financially? Do you see yourself 'splashing the cash' in order to accelerate your chances of success?

The club is in dire straits it suddenly appeared after promotion. I had to let some key players go and couln't replace them really. Now that I've restructured things a bit (like loaning out as many youth players as I could and releasing some big ass salaries, like that of Javier Mascherano, my assistant) we make a small profit each month so It should be better. Still I cannot offer transfer-free targets satisfactory wages.

7. Who has been your best signing for the club?

Zurab Zuvzivadze for sure.

8. What's your biggest regret?

I didn't accept Etienne van den Belt's (dutch striker and top scorer of last season) suggestion for contract enhancement when I still had the cash to do so (thought he asked too much salary). Now (with my other striker not willing to renew) I found myself strikerless and just managed to loan Baccarelli to make up for that mistake. But if he injures himself I'm in big trouble. I have signed a sweidish striker, but he'll arrive december 1st.

9. What are you long term ambitions for the club?

Keep them in Ligue 1 and then we'll see how things go from there. Maybe my current assistant (Iker Casillas) can take over the reigns when my lower league ambitions get the better of me..

10 How is your relationship with the chairman?

Good I think, I got the club promoted in my 2nd season (against the odds). Although he surprised me when he cut the wage budget in half after we got promoted.

11. Do you have much money to spend and if so, who would you like to sign?

I hardly have any money, although we're doing better now some expensive players have left. I would like to sign a Ligue1-worthy striker and a backup left back, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait till next season.

I might as well have another go :p

1. Introduce yourself - I am Dan and I am the manager of Yeovil Town.

2. How have you done this season? - We have only just played our first game of the season (and first ever in the Championship) and won 1-0 away to Nottingham Forrest.

3. Why do you think you did so well/so badly? (depending on answer given above) - the new signings bedding in well and we looked solid at the back. A good first result.

4. Who is your key player and why? - Paddy Madden, he scored 25 goals last season to get us promoted. If he can get anywhere near that this season I reckon we have a chance of staying up.

5. Do you think you will stay at your club long term? - Yes, I want to buold Yeovil as a club rather than just the first team squad. If we can settle in the Championship for two or three years who knows, maybe we can push for the Premier League.

6. How are your club financially? Do you see yourself 'splashing the cash' in order to accelerate your chances of success? - not yet, we just simply don't have the money to blow like other teams, however, if we can stabilise we may be able to actually spend some money next summer.

7. Who has been your best signing for the club? - Jonathan Obika on loan last season was a revelation. Scoring 15 goals in just 22 games. His winner on the first day of the season says to me he could be a major signing.

8. What's your biggest regret? - not signing Alan Judge would be 1. He went to Sheffield United instead. And letting Gavin Williams walk out for nothing. Unfortunately he just wanted too much money but he could of given us some vital experience. I almost wish I had caved to his demands and just paid him what he wanted.

Archived