Please help?

So I recently got FM13 and thought I would like it but after playing some games how awful is the defending. I lost 5-1 to a crap team. How can you lose so heavily so often. I have always played with basic tactics and not advanced ones. I also haven't really known fundamental tactics like others here, so can't I play and achieve the way I did in previous fm games on fm13?

so can't I play and achieve the way I did in previous fm games on fm13?

No you can't, as it is more realistic. There is a completely new ME so things which worked before might not work again. Also your team often need time to bed in a new tactic.

However, it is a myth that you need to use advanced tactics to suceed, or to change tactics regularly. I use the same tactic every match in every save and get above average results, even though of course not flawless.

Try having a look in the tactics forum for some general advice in setting up a good tactic, and then feel free to stick with it through thick and thin if you have faith in it even if you get a few bad results. I think it is good advice to spent 1-2 hours tinkering with tactics during pre-season friendlies whilst watching either the full match or the the setting down from that, until you have something you are comfortable and can see is working, then you don't need to look at tactics again (although as I said more tinkering might = better results, but it isn't a requirement for good results).

Alternatively, if you don't want to spend time going into tactics yourself, then consider downloading one by a well-respect poster if there are any uploaded to this website, but remember not all tactics will work with all teams, even good tactics will have bad patches, and it is generally better to fit a tactic to your players than to cram your players into a tactic.

Good luck, have patience and keep faith!

But other FM games had new ME didn't they? So I still had success on those with using same tactics I had before. Even on fm13 I'm slightly using different tactics but to no avail.

That's the thing I dont play friendlies, I just let my assistant take control of those and plan the main matches.

That's the thing I have always used my own tactics and would feel weird using or downloading someone else's tactic.

FM 13 is extremely different from FM 12, as I understand it more so than for a few versions. Using different tactics alone isn't enough, they obviously need to be different in the right way.

If I was you I would look into the tactics thread for some posts by wwfan (standard advice)

If you don't play friendlies, then you can't complain if you lose competitive matches due to your tactics not working.

I play 3-4 friendlies at the start of each club (if it is the summer) to get a tactic sorted, and then never again.

Ye comparing it to FM12 its a completely different game.

But I state the tactics be used by my assistant.

Ye I have looked at the 12 step thread from wwfan and have tried changing tactics to suit my players and play with tactics that differ to each match. I will try to tinker more. I think it's also not having the right formation I'm playing 352 even though I have got good wide players, so the best formation then could be 4321 or 4132.

Archived