Foreign players in team/Languages spoken

Im sorry if this question has been posted before but i cant find it anywhere. I was just wandering what the effect is on a teams result if there are to many different nationalitys/languages spoken? If i manage in England i like to have atleast 6 homegrown players in my starting 11 but it is still easy enough to get foreign players who already speak english. My team at the moment is wolves and in my third season with them i have bought more foreign players and now have 3 i want to be in my starting 11 that dont speak english. I have seen a drop in results this season so i am wandering is this down to them not speaking English? I know i can pinpoint it to just that but how important is this.

Any feedback would be greatful.

John

It's silly really with English being the Lingua Franca of today, and with footballers only needing to speak football language it shouldn't be hard for your players to communicate.

What annoys me though is that at RSC Anderlecht a team from the capital of a country with 3 official languages (Dutch, French German) the reporters allways ask me if it will be a problem that a certain player doesn't speak french, as if french is the only language here (people died in the 1970's and 1960's in the language riots to give us dutch speakers our rights and to stop french speaking imperialism taking over everything, and all the staff at the real Anderlecht are perfectly bi lingual) everytime I see that word French I feel discriminated against. Brussel is a FLEMISH city allways has been despite the French speaking imperialists best efforts to colonize it.

It's a detail, but Sports Interactive should really respect local struggles and history and sensitivities better I mean it's not like the whole language thing /Wallonia vs Flanders thing isn't recent, the last gouverment crisis was a direct result of this, and the Flemish nationalists will probably be the great victors of the 2014 election creating a new gouverment crisis. Heck some Flemish cities are banning public ads on busses in non Dutch (English, French etc... all banned) in my parents old town all french language magazines and newspapers have been banned from the public library (and I think they plan to ban books in the French language too) So it's all quite relevant

Archived