Constantly plagued with injuries, please help!

Seems a lot more people read this forum than the FMC one, so I'll give it a shot here. Keep in mind I'm playing Classic.

I'm at a loss as to what to do about avoiding injuries. In 8 or 9 seasons I've managed to take my BSS team up into L1 but am now constantly losing players to long term injuries. It's always been a problem, but never like this. I currently have 9 players, mostly starters, out with 1 month+ injuries.

I know pitch condition can be a factor, but I can't seem to ever find an option to re-lay the pitch or improve the training facilities or anything. I'm still stuck in my original 5,050 seater stadium with a pitch that ranges from Poor condition at the start of the season to Terrible shortly thereafter. I've never even seen an option to improve the training facilities, either.

Is this a bug? What's the deal?

A lot of us complain about there being far too many injuries mate but there are others who claim it's not the case and blame it on everyones tactics, training etc. It just always ends up in a big argument and nothing ever gets sorted I'm affraid.

It would seem your ground's pitch is an issue. To cut down on injuries in general you should rotate your players, give them rests, not ask them to dribble too much, or tackle too strongly. Also stay away from injury prone players, and get the strength up of your youth players. I manage Inter in simulation mode and Coutinho would give me trouble with his constant injury problems. Have now got his strength up a bit and its not quite as much of an issue.

Haven't played Classic so can't really provide specific advice, but it does seem if you could get a new pitch laid it would be a significant help.

It would seem your ground's pitch is an issue. To cut down on injuries in general you should rotate your players, give them rests, not ask them to dribble too much, or tackle too strongly. Also stay away from injury prone players, and get the strength up of your youth players. I manage Inter in simulation mode and Coutinho would give me trouble with his constant injury problems. Have now got his strength up a bit and its not quite as much of an issue.

Haven't played Classic so can't really provide specific advice, but it does seem if you could get a new pitch laid it would be a significant help.

Yeah, it would be fantastic if I could get a new pitch. Unfortunately Classic does not give you much control over training, so I can't target strength. I will set my tactics to be more cautious in tackling though and see if that helps, as well as rotate them more often, even though I don't have a very deep squad. Thanks.

I just play the old "real" mode, so don´t know whats possible to do in FMC, but I´ve had one season plauged with injuries. Next season, I reduced the amount of weeks spent on "very high" fitness training during pre-season (as well as focused a bit more on match preparation training) and voíla, back to standard amount of injuries. The condition of the pitch, as well as rotating your squad properly, is to my knowledge also factors that matters. If you try to make sure your pitch is in good condition (ask the board), rotate your squad, and have a proper amount of pre season fitness training (guess it differs between teams and players, you have to find the right one for the right circumstances), you should be fine.

Judging from the previous comments, the only viable option in FMC seems to be to rotate your squad around properly. That is, and has been for a long time, always key to success in FM. Use youth players for that purpose.

So can you request a new pitch from the Board in Classic mode, or hope they come around, and decide to do so on their own?

Iv'e never seen the option, only to request to build an entire new grounds. So it appears I'll just rotate more often and hope the board wakes up! I've got $3M in the bank (U.S.)

Archived