EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Kozak

Group D finals:

England (Matt Hooker) - Russia (Kozak) (1-0) 1-1

5th min Joe Cole 1-0

70th min Onopko 1-1

Spain (Birk) - Portugal (BelfastNiall) (2-0) 2-2

34th min Raúl 1-0

42th min Raúl 2-0

53th min Pauleta 2-1

82th min H.Postiga 2-2

Final standings:

1.Portugal 3-7pts (6-2)

2.Spain 3-4pts (4-4)

3.Russia icon_frown.gif 3-4pts (3-4)

4.England 3-1pts (1-4)

Kozakov out with Russia on goal difference

[This message was edited by Kozak on 03 January 2004 at 15:34.]

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group C finals:

Bulgaria (Rdysn) - Greece (host Kuky) (2-0) 2-1

14th min M.Petrov 1-0

36th min S.Petrov 2-0

79th min Choutos 2-1

Czech Republic (Wee_Ian) - Holland(Lambies Lovechild) (1-0) 2-0

36th min Koller 1-0

56th min Lokvenc 2-0

Final standings:

1.Czech Rep 3-5pts (3-1)

2.Bulgaria 3-5pts (3-2)

3.Greece 3-2pts (2-3)

4.Holland 3-2pts (1-3)

Kozakov out with Russia on goal difference

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

1st Quarter Final:

_Germany (Stev0NUFC) - Italy (NO dogs )_ (0-0) 0-0 ET >>> Italy wins after penalties 4-1 icon_biggrin.gif

Dez takes over the Italy job in semis.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2nd Quarter Final:

Scotland (James Newson) - Denmark (No Royalman again) (0-0) 0-1

60th min Skoubo 0-1

3rd Quarter Final:

Spain (Birk) - Czech Rep (Wee_Ian) (0-0) 1-2 after extra time

92th min Raúl 1-0

99th min Koller 1-1

117th min Rosicky 1-2

Well my heart is broken, England the flops of the tournament without a single win. Oh well there is still scotland.....what they lost too! Well at least they showed spirit.

My money is on Portugal with Postiga claiming the golden boot (Spurs fan - gotta have at least a little faith)!

The quarterfinals was the end for Spain.

Spain - Czech Rep 1-2 well deserved win for the Czech Rep. Ive only had one striker which could be proud of his tournament. Raul.

I have enjoy these days of playing Cm with the others in this small clan. icon_smile.gif

icon14.gif for the makers and the live coverage of the draws were a fantastic thing.

Good luck to the rest in the semifinals and I will put my money on Niall if he made it to the semis today icon_smile.gif Hes playing Bulgaria. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james_newson:

i probably will<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy is a must have for clans. Good updates and reliable during this tournament icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james_newson:

This guy is a must have for clans. Good updates and reliable during this tournament icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you suggesting that some of the players aren't?

4rd Quarter Final:

Portugal (BelfastNiall) - Bulgaria (Rdysn) (0-0) 0-0 after Extra time >>> Bulgaria wins on pens 2-4

Semi Finals:

Italy (tookover by DezMW) - Bulgaria (Rdysn)

Denmark (Royalman) - Czech Republic (Wee_Ian)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

This guy is a must have for clans. Good updates and reliable during this tournament icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you suggesting that some of the players aren't?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I dont suggest anything. All guys that played 2 sdays were good boys. I will come back on this later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> nothing like crediting opponents with a win, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but when opponent spoils the game with stops every 3 mins in game time, plus on penalties, so you cannot be arsed then it kills the game.

but of course, well done on the 0-0 icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by birk:

Wont give credit to Bulgaria, because he destroying the game<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sour grapes, cant take it a lesser nation don better, sad, sad, sad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by birk:

Wont give credit to Bulgaria, because he destroying the game<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, care to explain how he is _destroying_ the game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what he says, its cos he makes tactical changes, which is what would happen irl

No point in creating a scene...lets just say that the gameplay was painfully slow, and caused a lot of frustration.

In the end Bulgaria has had an excellent tournament, but the advice to a new player is that needs to brush up on his style if he wants a rewarding challenge online.

whats wrong with that style.

ok, i dont make serious changes when i play unless its going drastically wrong.

but you have to consider bulgaria arent a nig nation and making changes to style of play would happen constantly irl.

OK guys, enough of the accusations please.

Birk - Just because someone is playing slow, it doesn't mean he's destroying the game, maybe next time just ask him nicely if he could speed his next game up a little bit as other people are waiting. You've got to remember this game is to help new people.

Wel done with this btw Kozak, it seems to have gone well. icon_smile.gif

Marlow - the player has been wished all the best, given credit etc for doing well. But he was painfully slow, and it has been pointed out in a friendly way that he'll need to lose this if he wants any chance of getting into games.

Nobody is knocking the new players, but Guyver is obviously A: an alias for the player, or B: on a wind up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

Birk - Just because someone is playing slow, it doesn't mean he's destroying the game, maybe next time just ask him nicely if he could speed his next game up a little bit as other people are waiting. You've got to remember this game is to help new people.

Wel done with this btw Kozak, it seems to have gone well. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

politeness gets u a whole lot further, well said

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Nobody is knocking the new players, but Guyver is obviously A: an alias for the player, or B: on a wind up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

before u accuse people, i'm neither

Hey guys stop blaming this guy.

OK he played his last 3 matches far too slow and must learn a more social style of online play. Last match was better against Italy. Still need more improvements but Rdysn is still young and I'm sure he can learn it. He is reliable and haven't missed a game. Like we told him: Speed things up and you become a great online gamer. icon_smile.gif

Italy 2-0 Bulgaria

Semi final ( DezMW stands in for Dogs)

A change of style from Italy saw them bag much needed goals in a tournement that had previously seen them only score twice all competiton.

Goals on 26 mins from C. Vieri and an Alex Del Piero strike on 76 mins saw Italy cruise into the final. Speaking after the match Dez had this to say

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Although I didn't pick this squad, it quickly became apparent that they have the quality to go all the way. I only had a couple of days with the players before the match so had to quickly assess our strengths and weaknesses. It has to be said that we are favorites now to lift the trophy, lets just hope we can keep our cool in the final. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wel done with this btw Kozak, it seems to have gone well. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to summarise this. Firstly, this was the first time I've played 03/04 online, let alone a proper tournament. I was given a team which I am not very knowledgable about, Bulgaria. I was also the youngest one there by quite a distance. When I was looking at the squad screen, I wasnt just making tactical changes. I was checking player conditions and ratings etc. I was also checking the opponent's tactics so I could fit mine to counter them, as would happen irl. Naturally it took quite a while to choose a best XI, as I only know a few of their players (A. Todorov, Balakov etc).

It would be ludicrous to suggest I sat back and defended with 10 men behind the ball. I played with an attacking 4-4-2 formation in every match. I have match stats screenshots to prove it. Certain people did nothing all through the tournament's entirety except complain. When I was beating sided like Holland and Portugal, I just kept at it and didn't go insulting other players. One of the guys in the chat said my last match didn't even take very long. I was getting quicker near the end.

Guyver is a m8, I was giving him info about my matches while I was playing, that's all.

As for losing the semi final, Italy conveniently had a new manager installed before the match which had quite a lot of influence on the result.

lads My apologies for a non attendance. An emergency at work saw me being called in at 5am. i'm still on shift, all be it's quiet now and i'm just waiting for a relief to come in, hence being able to access the net.

Glad to see Italy made it through to the final, the boring and safe mantle that is the dogmeisters tactic conceding only 1 goal all tournement. Thanks for filling in Dez and i'm sure you will win FORZA ITALIA icon_smile.gif

well niall has claimed i saw games and i like to see where i said that. and i'm not an alias for anyone else.

So i'd appreciate it that you dont accuse me of complete bollocks. only if u have proof. thank u

Final:Italy vs Czech Rep

Sunday 4 July 2004

Estadio da Luz

Italy (DezMW) vs Czech Rep (Wee_Ian)

82th min Miccoli 1-0

84th min Rosicky 1-1

Extra time

Final score 1-1

Penalties (pressure so high):

Vieri, Rosicky, Pirlo, Nedved, C.Zanetti miss all. So The Czech Republic wins it all!!! Well done manager Wee_Ian, a good effort to beat this big Italy.

A "watch back" to the tournament will follow later.

Ok some facts here,

You cant go into an online game with a single player mentality.

In a single player game you go in to career mode and you can take aslong as you like at any aspect, tweak tactics and shortlist for hours on end. You can do what you like as you are the only player playing the game.

Multiplayer is not about career mode, the main function is to better your human opponent. You go in with your tried and tested tactics from your single game, you go in with your already saved shortlists. In event the game should be fairly fluent and smooth. I only usually change tactics online if its a)a necessity i.e injury or b) a drastic change due to getting hammered, C) a sub in 70mins to rotate players. This stopping the game every 5 mins is a very selfish scenario as the player concerned is lessing the enjoyment for the other participants.

Tips

play online with tactics you have already devised.

have pre arranged shortlists

Do all admin work with regards your team during other players matches unless by agreement in caht the others are happy for you to spend 10 mins sorting team affairs.

Now i'm hearing through third party on this thread what happened and TBH i'm disappointed, bickering like this has no place here and should be held off the forum.

Well done kozak and kuky for organising what i thought was a well thought out fun game for all. The thread apart from the wee bit of arguing at the end was great icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr X:

lads My apologies for a non attendance. An emergency at work saw me being called in at 5am. i'm still on shift, all be it's quiet now and i'm just waiting for a relief to come in, hence being able to access the net.

Glad to see Italy made it through to the final, the boring and safe mantle that is the dogmeisters tactic conceding only 1 goal all tournement. Thanks for filling in Dez and i'm sure you will win FORZA ITALIA icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Dogs, Failed at the last icon_frown.gif Camoranesi getting sent off in the final didn't help. Just after we'd taken the lead too. Such is life. But congrats to ian for his effort on pens. We had all but one of ours saved /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guyver:

well niall has claimed i saw games and i like to see where i said that. and i'm not an alias for anyone else.

So i'd appreciate it that you dont accuse me of complete bollocks. only if u have proof. thank u<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought as much, never said once i saw games which i have apparantly claimed to

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Niall : and says he has seen the games

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never said that.

so get your facts right ffs, rob (Rdysn5) asked for some advice on players and tactics and i offered help.

only info i have is commentary, posted stats and screenshots.

so we are not same person so BelfastNiall, get your facts straight before accusing people left right and centre

Thanks for F*CKING up this thread Guyver. Please don't post in this thread anymore as it don't make sense. Rdysn did a good job at Bulgaria and nobody accused him from things that were out of order. Please don't spoil it for us al. icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks.

And btw good to see the first newbie "James Newson" found a clan with his contacts in the tournament. Good to see you giving this guy a chance Niall icon14.gif.

Thanks for F*CKING up this thread Guyver. Please don't post in this thread anymore as it don't make sense. Rdysn did a good job at Bulgaria and nobody accused him from things that were out of order. Please don't spoil it for us al. icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll post in this thread if i choose to. I never said anyone was accusing him of anything. its me who you were having a go at. I know most of whats been said.

I couldnt give a monkeys about what you think.

If i'm asked to help him then thats none of ur business i'm afraid and some of the things said seemed to belittle him when its his 1st major online tournament.

Archived