quick question regarding DLP mentallity

I am a bit confused, and I am searching for a logical answer to the following problem, because I am struggling to find one.

One of my tactics is a balanced 442, with a control mentality, everything on default apart from zonal marking. The tactics screen before a match -my DLP is beside a BWM who is on a support option.

Now, if I put my DLP on a support duty, that gives him a lower mentality than if I have him on defend. By a few notches.

The TC says on a defend duty he will rarely support attacks, and on a support duty he will look to bring the ball out looking for long shots as well as supplying through balls. Yet, when looking at his respective mentalities, it seems like a bit of a contradiction.

Any ideas?

Edit - if I look at his mentalities on his player instructions screen, it works as I would expect it to. Its when you look at the overview part on the tactics screen, the bit where you can see all the players mentalities , or creative freedom etc, on the one screen. A bug maybe?

I had a look, and everything that should go up or down in the player individual instructions tab is ok. On the overview part, it is all back to front. Is it me? I assume that the further to the right the slider goes, the more something happens. Say if he runs with ball more, the slider would be further to the right. On here it would jump further to the left, which to me says he is doing it less.

No its not me because it all goes right when it should do on the individual tab. On the overview tab, it goes to the left. Very strange.

There are bugs in the main screen. Changes to roles that affect sliders tend to be one change behind you.

Thus if you swapped to a Defensive role, you'd still be showing the support slider, if you then switched to the support role, you'd be showing the defensive role. A way around this is to just repeat the change, so switch to a defensive role and then AGAIN switch to a defensive role. You should find the sliders change correctly.

The best way to change individual player roles and duties is on the player screen, however I find it damned annoying that they seperated so many of the screens now and you can't see player instrctions along with team ones.

Archived