[FM13] From Trawlerboys to Trawlermen - Youth Academy Challenge

DrCathro

Note:

To everyone that saw my previous career thread I am sad to say that I've had to shut it down.

I loaded a bit too many players and my computer just couldn't handle it.

This time around, to make up for the lower amount of players, I've decided to do one of the most difficult challenges in FM. ri916's Youth Academy Challenge.

Ez4vK.png

Lowestoft Town - Pre-Season 2013/2014 - Blue Square North

If you haven't read the challenge thread linked in the header note then I'll quickly fill you in on the rules.

Firstly I must make a random manager and Holiday him/her to the league reset date which, for England, is June 25th. I must then retire said manager and create a new manager to takeover a newly promoted team of my choice.

With this team I must bring them to fame and glory winning both the Premier League and Champions League (preferably in the same year).

However there is a catch. I must not sign anyone. I cannot loan anyone in. I must solely rely on the starting players and youth prospects that I bring in. And if I happen to get sacked? I have to start all over again.

So in appliance with the challenge rules I holidayed to the league reset date and chose a newly promoted team of my choice. That team, as you can probably tell, is Lowestoft Town.

First things first, let's check out our team.

CesN5.jpg

A quick look at our squad shows us that we're pretty solid in every area and I'm not too worried about struggling for a mid-table position this season. My only worry is that Greg Cane and Jack Defty have decided not to renew their contracts and might be leaving, only time will tell.

You'll also notice that I've labeled George Williams as YP0 (Youth Prospect 0). Apparently he's already a decent player for the BSN and will turn out to be a good BSP player in the future. Not bad for a youth player who was already at the club. Here are his stats:

wieyq.jpg

I also thought I'd cheekily talk to the board and ask them to consider upgrading the academy. To my surprise they went for it!

eSNXY.jpg

Anyway, that's it for the pre-season. I'll be updating the thread on a monthly basis and plan to get updates out every 1-2 days :)

Ez4vK.png

Lowestoft Town - August 2013 - Blue Square North

2R35j.png

We started off the season with a game at home against Gloucester. We never looked like we were going to win it going 2-0 down at half time. Scott Mitchell did manage to score in the 91st minute but it was too little, too late.

The same story at Boston United, we were just never in the game. Another loss and things were not looking good for the Trawlerboys.

We went down 2-0 against Corby at home in the 20th minute. Things were looking grim. Somehow we mustered up a comeback netting our first win of the season!

Histon brought back memories of the first two games. Another loss, this time our only goal coming from 35 yards.

And then... what a great match! To say we dominated is an understatement! Five goals at home versus Guiseley all before half-time. Even though things could have been better overall, what a great way to end our first month as manager.

Here's how the league currently stands:

r7ryd.png

I'll be following. Youth levels are also a great addition to this challenge if you ask me since they are a great way to persuade the board to improve youth facilities and strengthen intakes.

I agree. Just got my Junior Couching budget increased aswell!

Good luck mate :)

Thanks, I'll need it :)

Ez4vK.png

Lowestoft Town - September/October 2013 - Blue Square North

q5Xmd.png

We started off in September with a strong start winning 1-0 away from home against Brackley and dominating Worchester with a 4-0 win at home.

We then struggled at Chorley losing 4-2 and had an equally as bad game at Nuneaton, failing to score at all.

Our morale was boosted a bit with a 4-2 win against Worksop at home.

Losing 1-0 to both top of the league FC Halifax and Stalybridge away was expected but our faith wasn't lost and we made an excellent comeback against Bedford at home to win 3-2 with a somewhat lucky goal in the last minute of injury time.

There wasn't much in the last game of October and unfortunately Bradford PA managed to come away with the win.

Our cup games didn't really go as expected. We traded goals with Arlesey and somehow came out on top winning 3-2 but then lost 3-0 to non-league Margate ending our FA Cup run.

gH5Kh.png

Ez4vK.png

Lowestoft Town - November/December 2013 - Blue Square North

bQcbq.png

As you can see, not much has changed. We keep floating about between 8th and 12th place and are currently settled in 11th.

We do seem to have a problem with cards and injuries. Currently our midfielder Dale Cockrill has received 3 reds and 16 yellows in 22 games and is currently on a 3 match ban and both our main wingers are out for a month.

However the FA Trophy run is going well. We're due to play Altrincham in the Third Round and then maybe onto the Quarter-Finals!

fZ8UL.png

Archived