Ball-winning midfielders better than advanced playmakers attackwise O_O

Vami

I am playing with three central midfielders (BWM-AP-BWM) and strangely my AP has... ONE assist halfway into the season, while one of my BWMs is the best assistant in the league and the other one is close behind him. I know I am using very fluid and high creativity-driven tactics, but still I find it kinda odd... Anyone with the same observations?

Also.... if they are making tackles high up the field and winning them, they are then effectively passing to unmarked players who can then go and score...........

If it's working then stick with it, but a decent team might undo you at some point as you will have very little shape with two BWM's in the field.

It works. I score most and concede least in the league, so I guess I'm doing pretty fine ;) In fact I made this formation a bit less aggressive. I used to play with two box-to-box midfielders instead, plus offside traps and attacking mentality. This lead me to results like Nancy - PSG 5:1 (me - Nancy) in the first season, but I sucked hard in away games. Now it's pretty balanced and I'm almost certain I'll get promoted with my Dab Dabrowa Bialostocka Polish 4th division team.

Archived