Continental competition not picking correct teams.

sporadicsmiles

I am in the process of making a replacement for the UCL. In effect I am going to create a super league between the top 8 nations in europe which includes relegation back to the national divisions. TO impliment this, I took extinct competitions in each nation, and edited them to be the new top tier in each country, containing two teams each. The continental rules should then select two top division sides from the 8 nations, ideally the ones I have set up as I said.

Now, this works great for 6 of the 8 countries and the correct clubs are selected. However, this does not work for England or Germany. The game should select the Man Utd and Man City, and FC Bayern and Dortmund. Instead it selects Chelsea rather than Man City, and Schalke rather than Dortmund. What is extra weird is that Schalke are playing in the World Club Championship.. Which to me makes no sense to me.

This happens regardless of whether I remake the national league systems or not, it does not change if I delete/edit the histories of the various competitions, if I use different competitions.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Archived