Creating a New Champions League

Lower Leagues Rule

I am looking for a bit of assistance from any expert editors out there, or anyone with ideas. I am testing and attempting to problem solve these issues as I go, but not 100% sure on how to stop my error.

Champions League: 54 Teams, 52 European League Winners + Champs League Champions + Winner Liechtenstein Cup.

Champions + 9 random teams go direct to Group stage

44 remaining teams meet in a single qualifying round

Europa League: 54 Teams, 52 European FA Cup winners, Europa League Winners & 1 League Runner-up

Champions + 9 random teams direct to group stage

44 remaining teams meet in a single Qualifying round

Now I am wanting to add more teams to my Europa League, but even at this small stage I have run into an issue with teams qualifying from Spain. Before I added the League Runner-up Barcelona was qualifying for both competitions, now that i have added the league runner-up slot, Real Madrid is also qualifying for both positions. So I can only assume the below.

Champs League: Barca qualifies as Champs League winner & Real Madrid as League Runner-up?

Europa League: Barca qualifies as FA Cup runner-up & Real as League Runner-up?

I am really not sure where to go from here, does anyone have any ideas to help out?

I will keep running a bunch of tests and see where it goes.

Right further testing completed:

1) Changed previous winners to teams who couldn't possibly get in via league finish (Rotherham & Torquay)

Then I ran the test again (Still with the extra slot for Spain), this time only Barcelona appeared twice (Of obvious teams), I also discovered that Santa Coloma of Andorra is in both leagues.

2) Decided this might be because of the previous history of Spain not including the 3rd placed team (Valencia), hence it can only take 2 teams using history and not a third. So I have added this into the history. (Andorra is weird because their history does have another team that should come through.

Will report results shortly...

Version 2 saw no double ups, but a few leagues had teams entered change over...I am not sure what is causing that given they all have history entered in the editor. I am going to follow up on how it is qualifying teams over a long holiday game tonight and fix that, but a small change stopped the Barcelona double-up.

Version 2 saw no double ups, but a few leagues had teams entered change over...I am not sure what is causing that given they all have history entered in the editor. I am going to follow up on how it is qualifying teams over a long holiday game tonight and fix that, but a small change stopped the Barcelona double-up.

Your problem isn't Spain or any league history, the problem lies within you choosing 53 nations, only 52 nations have a league system Liechtenstein clubs play in the swiss leagues. Remove Liechtenstein and your problem will be solved (remembering to correct the numbers).

Your problem isn't Spain or any league history, the problem lies within you choosing 53 nations, only 52 nations have a league system Liechtenstein clubs play in the swiss leagues. Remove Liechtenstein and your problem will be solved (remembering to correct the numbers).

Whoops I found that already, the 53rd nation is Liechtenstein, but I have only their Cup winner coming in, that's not the error - I really wish that had fixed it though :(

Try adding teams to the competition as already qualified for this year. Then run a test save over 2 seasons. If all European leagues are set to view-only status you may be able to spot the problems easier.

Thanks for the idea, I will follow this through tonight and see what I can do. Hopefully it spots the issues and I can get it going. This is all a test for a planned game I have in FM13.

• 3 weeks later...

I created a new Champions League, 200 teams from 52 European nations, no Europe league, no Champions League qualification, all teams start directly into the group stage.

Look here for Screens -> http://www.meistertrainerforum.de/index.php/topic,15157.0.html

it works with any database update

Archived