The reputation system: favourites against a team two divisions above me

boavistacuptravesty.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How is it possible to be touted as huge favourites away in the cup against a top division side when my team are semi-professionals in the Portuguese regional divisions? Yes I know Boavista are a former top division side with some history, but surely Feirense's reputation should be higher regardless of history?

My team is not better, either, and form should count for little since the teams are from different leagues.

The worst thing is that a loss here (which is almost certain) could result in a major drop in confidence and morale. So I need to say no pressure even though that will just make things worse, as my team will enter the field expecting a light training session.

Yes this is a blatant "sort it out, SI" thread.

Having a quick look at my save game (currently in 2011) with FMRTE and Boavista's rep is significantly higher than Feirense (roughly 50% greater!) That, plus form, are likely producing the situation...but as you mentioned, the simple difference in talent and leagues should prevent such heavy odds in your favor. Perhaps this game needs two separate ratings for clubs: fame, which measures their historical popularity and success, and reputation, which can be based on their achievements over the past five or ten seasons...

Having a quick look at my save game (currently in 2011) with FMRTE and Boavista's rep is significantly higher than Feirense (roughly 50% greater!) That, plus form, are likely producing the situation...but as you mentioned, the simple difference in talent and leagues should prevent such heavy odds in your favor. Perhaps this game needs two separate ratings for clubs: fame, which measures their historical popularity and success, and reputation, which can be based on their achievements over the past five or ten seasons...

Yes that could be a solution. That, or getting rid of the dependency on reputation for everything.

Archived