Good players for a side with lots of money

Hello, I'm playing as Arsenal and it's my very first season. Having sold a few players prior to this post, I have around £80 million to spend on players.

Can you name some players in the game that would strengthen my side and also some hot prospects which reach their peak further on in the game for the future of my team.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S: Sorry if lots of threads like this are posted but I'm new here. :thup:

Hello mate and welcome to the forums. If you're playing as a particular, try to look for the official team thread of that team. If one exists, make posts in that particular thread. Its in accordance with the rules of the forums and also you'll find the best help in there as people with the same team would be able to help you better. You'll find the links of all official threads on the main page under the thread "New - FM08 Links Thread". Its a sticky topic right torwards the top.

But to start you off, with Arsenal you only really need to invest in 3 places:

1. A good GK. Its best to sell off Almunia as you'll get decent money for him. Replace him with someone like Frey, Lloris or Neuer.

2. A good CB. Senderos is poor so sell him. Gallas and Toure are good and Djourou is good backup. But you can do with one more quality CB. Look for someone like Barzagli, Burdisso, Zapata, Mexes etc.

3. A good winger. All the more better if he's versatile. Try players like Rosina, Modric, Menez or Ben Arfa.

All other positions you dont really need to fill. But obviously, you can find better players for some of them. Your biggest strength is your strikers. Van Persie and Adebayor are two of the best on the game. Eduardo is a very good striker too. Bendtner and Vela (who's on loan in season 1) are two quality youngsters who're good enough to slot into the first team if you want.

Your midfield is good too with Fabregas, Denilson and Rosicky all quality players. Flamini and Hleb are good too.

Your full backs are both quality as well. Sagna and Clichy are 2 of the best on the game. And Eboue and Traore are good backups.

You have plenty of great youngsters in the squad as well:

Carlos Vela

Niklas Bendtner

Denilson

Armand Traore

Havard Nordtveit

Kyle Bartley

Fran Merida

Henri Lansbury

Jack Wilshere

Rhys Murphy

Nacer Barazite

You can buy more if you want. Some that I usually get whatever game I start are:

Mamadou Sakho

Henri Saivet

Younousse Sankhare

Aquino

Loic Abenzoar

Come join us in the Arsenal thread now mate. Good luck. :thup:

Archived