"Only sell transfer listed players" + "accept only bids matching asking price"

Thanks to the bloated database bug I holiday between matches now. So I ticked off "accept only bids matching asking price" and the box for "only sell transfer listed players".

Milan bid 20m, which was the asking price for a player that was not transfer listed. The club accepted.

Now, this is not how I thought this feature worked. What is the point of having the box for transfer listed restriction when bids matching asking price are auto-accepted regardless?

Have anyone else experienced this, and to SI: is this how the holiday feature is supposed to work?

Just to be sure, the chairman didn't go over your head and accept the bid? That would negate any instruction you left whilst holidaying.

The reason for the bid being accepted wasn't stated. It is if what you suggest was the case, right? In an case I got 60m in the bank, 47m remaining transfer budget and the player was worth 7.5m and set to Squad Rotation, Continental reputation player and Worldwide club. "Too good to turn down" intervention is highly unlikely in this case.

Are you 100% sure he didn't have a release clause in his contract?

Yes 100% sure. I quit of course, and missed out on two wins in the process. From now on I will save after every match, before I holiday. I have of course now set his asking price to 40m. Should deter them.

Archived