Playable/Vew-only

I'm about to start a long-term one-club game in England. I usually have all the major leagues (Spain, Italy, Germany and France) as playable but in this case is it safe to change them to view-only or would these leagues and their major clubs gradually decline in terms of transfers, squad depth, regen production, etc.?

Also, are players on loan at clubs in view-only leagues able to improve their stats?

I believe teams in view only tend to stagnate, and as such do very little in terms of transfers etc. But regen production is the same as if it were playable I think.

Loaned players in view only will also gain very little to their stats, It would be better to loan them to a club in a playable league or give them a few games within your own team.

NP. View only leagues matches are 'generated' games based on reputation, which add basically no match experience to a player, and thus he will benifit less than if you loaned him out to a feeder club or another club in a playable league. So yes it is kind of useless, I would have a player tutored and trained first by coaches and players, and then when he is old enough for first team matches loan him out.

Montero I have to disagree with you here, even with club that's not in a playable league my loaned out players keep progressing as long as he gets appearances with his loaned out club and his club is in a league that has a high enough reputation for him to keep growing. If a player that got loaned out not progressing despite him getting "first team chances" then it's probably the league of the team he loaned out to isn't high enough

Can we get a definite answer? Clubs in Belgium and Holland are useful to avoid work permits and there are players that are on loan there in the first season (e.g. Guidetti).

e.g. as Man City, do I have to make the Dutch league playable so as not to waste one year from Guidetti's career?

You do not need to make the leagues playable, with the introduction of the add/remove league feature all leagues that can become playable are sim'd in the background so any players on loan at clubs in inactive nations will get playing time.

Whether there is an appreciable difference in their development between playable/view-only/inactive leagues is not something I can answer.

Archived