Am I paying too much attention to my staff?

Unitedsi

Just wanted to see how much people rely on their scouting and staff reports on their players.

I've always worked on the basis that anyone who is only considered 3* is not good enough, even if their stats look good. I do always make sure that I look at the advice of scouts and staff whose stats for JPA and JPP are high but am I still putting too much emphasis on what they're telling me?

I normally manage fairly big clubs but not the really big teams. Some examples of players that I see on here being mentioned in very high regard that often only tend to get 3* from my scouts/coaches are Matthieu, Briand, Rafinha, Palacio but there's a lot more.

I used to listen to my scouts a decent amount but no matter who the scout was, I was burned more times than I care to count. At this point now I generally use the scout to look at players I want if for no other reason to see how much a team would want for a player. When they give me a price, it usually is pretty close to what the team will actually take.

My Assistant Manager doesnt really do much for me either. I really only use their opinion when I am siging a player and they give me their opinion, decent signing, good player, etc etc.

From what I have seen, even staff with high ratings seem to be hit or miss. Guess this is like in real life but I tend to follow my own ideas more than theirs

Scouts I listen too but look at the abilities more. I mainly look at coach reports when a youngster is up for contract renewal. If I am top 4 in the Prem and I am told this kid may make a good Championship striker one day he is offski!!! :D

I only take into consideration what my Ass.Man or Scouts tell me if

1) They have high stats in JP/JA

2) I have scouted that player a number of times in order for the report to be as detailed as possible.

But I also look at the player and see what his stats are in the important area's for his position, if its a youngster/regen then it's obvoiusly different but I see which stats could be promising and also look at what stats are unlikely to improve that much. Say if a regen had only 3 in pace, then its unlikely he will ever have pace of over 10-12 (Just a random example) etc.

I thought a scout's reputation was actually more important than their JP/JA stats. So a World Class scout would give better information than a Regional scout with higher stats.

I'm sure I read it on here after someone did some sort of research into it and found than their reputation is more important than their stats, but I may be wrong.

Archived