Tax

Can someone explain what the tax figure is in my monthly expenditure list? Is it PAYE on the wages we pay, is it VAT, is it payments for tax on profits? It would be handy to know, as in my current game with Truro in League 2, the recent month's tax figure was £198,830 from a total monthly expenditure of £524,587, which seems a tad high!! I did however play Arsenal in the FA Cup 3rd round, and received about £800k gate receipts from that, so wondering whether it's linked to that in some way?

It isn't income tax because wages in game are listed before tax. Therefore I presume it is VAT and corporation tax.

If it was simply a matter of 'profit and loss' then you would be correct as the wages would be treated gross. However the terms profit and loss are used loosely in the finance page as the final figure is directly linked to the closing bank balance. It is more a case of 'cash inflow' or 'cash outflow'. On this basis my interpretation would be that wages payments SHOULD be net, and therefore tax payments may also include PAYE and NI.

Just my interpretation.

It isn't income tax because wages in game are listed before tax. Therefore I presume it is VAT and corporation tax.

It could also be Employers NI contributions. These are over and above what an employee would have deducted from their gross salary.

Maybe someone from SI could clear it up, because if it is wages PAYE or Emp NI then it means I can do something about it (reduce wage bill!) however if it's not then I'm stuck with it. I do think there must be an element of VAT in there though, because as I said when I had that huge gate receipt from the Arsenal match it shot up to 40% of my monthly outgoings!

Archived