A Noob's Journey into Lower League Management

Wootball

One of the writers on a website I also write for has started his FM2012 Journey into Lower League Management. This is his story...

"So I finally caved to my self-confessed addiction and bough Football Manager 2012, now usually I play as my preferred team (Chelsea, for those who care ;) ) or I do something silly like give a crap team loads of dosh and see what happens, this time round I’ve decided against that. I mean, after all there’s only so many times you can be Europe’s most elite coach and win the Champions League with your squad of uber gods. So instead of leading THE MIGHTY BLUES to glory, I’ve decided to have my first venture into the depths of Lower League Management, not content with the nPower leagues I’ve opted to see if I can take my home town team, Gloucester City, to the bright lights and dazzling amounts of money in the Premier League and beyond!!

So my new home in the Blue Square North is not the place to see beautiful football or millionaire superstars, in fact it’s quite odd. With a transfer budget of absolutely nothing and a wage bill that pays Carlos Tevez for around 28 minutes I’ve already noticed that my long term aims are certainly that. The stadium we currently reside in is actually the property of Cheltenham Town, thanks to the actual stadium being flooded out in 2007, the squad I’ve inherited is certainly shy on elite talent even for this level, so even before I think about tactics, training, developing home grown talent or if I should put the kettle on… Let’s acquire some players...."

You can read the rest of the article, comment and have your say, and keep up to date with the story as Aaron posts more updates at http://dailygamingnetwork.com/2012/01/15/lower-league-management-a-noobs-journey/

Archived