New Barcelona Help Needed ( Midfield )

Maccer40

I am currently the barcelona manager in the 2012, but for some reason my team isnt playing well together

eventhough my team is

Valdes

Alves Breno (k) Toure Guilherme

Messi Iniesta ( y ) Toure Ronaldinho

Adebayor Robinho

Subs

Renan

Walcott

Eto'o

Guilherme ( striker )

Xavi

Puyol

Barry

i just bought robinho for a cool 29 mil .. thanks to his get out clause

BUT THE TEAM ISNT PLAYING WELL TOGETHER WHICH IS DOING MY HEAD IN

any recomended players would be welcomed ... thanks

Firstly, if you need help on Barca, try the official Barca thread. You should find good help there.

Secondly, if your team isnt doing well, the answer isnt always to buy new players.

But looking at your squad:

- Kolo Toure is 31/32 years old

- Ronaldinho is 32/33 years old

- Puyol is 34/35 years old

- Xavi is 32/33 years old

- Barry ois 31/32 years old

- Eto'o is 31/32 years old

That is far too old imo. You need to get some younger players in. And some other guys like Alves, Adebayor, Yaya etc are all reaching 29/30 years of age and need to replaced soon.

You're Barca so where in God's name are Bojan and Dos Santos??? Not to mention Iago and Asulin who all turn out into quality players. If you sold them all then bad move I guess. Get some young blood in your team and if you dont want to build a tactic of your own, go to the tactics forum and download Kimz's tactic.

Bojan is out for 4 months with a achiles injury ... and dos santos was gone when i got there ... i took over in 2010 ...

ronaldinho got spanish player of the year last season and i bought barry for background for yaya toure

and yes too be honest Eto'o is getting on a bit but he still does his job, same goes for Xavi

Yeah, I know they'll do their job. But their stats are declining and they will have some off days every now and then. Youngsters will just do a much better job. Unfortunately, on the game, experience counts for nothing AT ALL. Maldini still gets the job done at Milan when used sparingly. Play him in the game and he cant even get a 7 rating.

There are plenty of better younger players on the game than the guys on your team. And you should have enough money to buy many of them. Do so.

some more information on your tactics would help....

To guy above:

So not true, Pirlo is my best performer on a team with Ronaldo, Messi, Silva, Rossi, Tevez, Anderson and Veloso....

If you can't get the oldies to play well you're just pushing them too much. You can't expect maldini to be running up and down, up and down like a yoyo, same with Neville for that sake....

some more information on your tactics would help....

To guy above:

So not true, Pirlo is my best performer on a team with Ronaldo, Messi, Silva, Rossi, Tevez, Anderson and Veloso....

If you can't get the oldies to play well you're just pushing them too much. You can't expect maldini to be running up and down, up and down like a yoyo, same with Neville for that sake....

You do realise that just because the AR of a person is excellent, doesnt mean that he's doing very well dont you? Pirlo is great at free kicks and corners. You've probably got him taking those. He'll get plenty of goals and assists that way which will boost his AR.

Watch the whole game and you'll know when and how he doesnt do well. Mind, I'm not talking about Pirlo at 30-31. I'm talking about Pirlo at say 33 or so when his physical stats in particular are on a decline.

You're giving me ONE example of when an older player is out-performing then younger ones. The odd exception will always be there. But in most cases, on the game, the youngsters will out-peform the older (31+) ones.

Archived