World-beaters at home, panel-beaters away...

Loving FM12 so far...with my Liverpool team I am destroying teams at home using my tweaked asymmetrical formation(Man City 5-0, Chelsea 3-0), but am struggling away from home..lost to Bolton, draw with QPR etc.

Just wondering if any forum users have a quick-fix or some general rules for approaching away fixtures...I'm slowly building up to huge micro-management with my formation (no time in the evenings - I just want to play games with the little time I have), but for now I would just appreciate any general advice.

Cheers!

I have been using an adaptive 4-3-3 tactic where the central MC will play DMC away from home and AMC at home dropping to MC if a game is won and I want to relax a little. doing rather well with my Portsmouth save.

Teams will play more attacking at home. So they will be higher up the pitch generally. You should adapt your tactic accordingly if your team can't cope with the extra pressure. Generally playing a little more defensive does the trick. I don't think there is a quick fix for all tactics. Most people have two tactics to achieve this.

So you could build a second tactic for away games and switch to that one when necessary.

Archived