[FM11] bringing the glory days back to the east midlands

simon27686

I am bringing you the new career choice that i have chosen, my team of choice is Nottingham Forest.

My aims:- 1st of all is to get automatic promotion (my two choices for budgets at start of season were promotion or winner(i chose promotion))

2nd, Once promoted remain in the Premier League

3rd, maintain a steady progress through the league (hopefully challenging for the league cup)

4th, European Qualification, whether this be the Europa League or the Champions League

5th, Win the league

They are my 5 year plans, during this time i will also be trying to establish the best squad that i can muster.

As you can see those are my aims and here is how it is going so far

NottinghamForestTransfers_History.png?t=1307704764

Oilvier Kapo has been a fairly good signing for me, although i'm hoping as the seasons progresses so does he.

James O'Shea on the other hand has been the bet i would say averaging 7.82 over the 4 games (1 as sub) and scoring 2 goals in the process, here's hoping he can carry this form throughout the season

Febian Brandy, has yet to play any games for me yet due to an injury

Mustapha Riga has only played one game but i see him as more of a back up player

NottinghamForestNottmForest_Fixtures-1-1.png

As you can see, i had a very good pre-season with plenty of goals being scored

NottinghamForestNottmForest_Fixtures-1-2.png

The pre-season form had carried over into August with me winning my 1st 4 league games and the 1st & 2nd round games in the league cup

npowerChampionshipInformation_LeagueTable.png?t=1307704764

Although this screenshot was taken after my 5th game it shows the cracking start i had to the season, the 5th game i played was a 1-1 home draw against Watford

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox.png?t=1307705098

Despite this good start to the season, i have had one major setback thus being a lengthy injury to Radoslav Majewski

NottinghamForestBoardroom_Finances.png?t=1307704764

The few signings i have made have had a huge impact on the amount of wages being spent by the club with me spending way more than my budget allows me, although i am hoping and it is hoping that i can develop a fairly good cup run to generate a decent amount of prize money to compensate for this.

Now i will just post a current screenshots of my current financial state

NottinghamForestBoardroom_Finances-4.png?t=1307704764

NottinghamForestBoardroom_Finances-3.png?t=1307704764

any other screenshots wanted, just let me no and i'll be happy to post them on here

September wasn't how i intended it to be, following the great pre-season and 1st month of the new season i was keen to keep up that form.

The 1st game of september was against Watford at home.

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox-1-1.png?t=1307716258

The 2nd game was away at Bristol City

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox-2-1.png?t=1307716756

My 3rd game of September and my only real success of the month was at home to Norwich in the 3rd round of the League Cup

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox-3-1.png?t=1307716607

Game 4, away to Burnley at Turf Moor, simply the worst game of the month

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox-4-1.png?t=1307716520

September continued

My 5th and final game of the season was at home to Leeds Utd

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox-5-1-1.png?t=1307716434

In summary September wasn't the best of months for me, winning only 1 game albeit in the league cup which is irrelavant to me at this stage of my career, although i only lost 1 league game in September the fact that i only drew my other games wasn't really good enough to get myself into an early dominant position early in the season

Despite my bad month for September i'm not too disheartened, i'm still in a good position in the league with many games to go, i've faced 3 of the top 5 (although this was in 2 competitions) and only lost to the top team, im still fairly confident in my objective for the season

npowerChampionshipInformation_LeagueTable.png?t=1307713712

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox-1.png?t=1307716923

Time for the October update

My 1st game for this month a potentially tricky game, due to their real life campaign in the Coca Cola Championship against Q.P.R

qpr.png?t=1307741562

Next up was a trip to Wales to face the newly promoted Swansea, again due to their performance in real life this was another tricky game (but then again most games in this league tend to be that in my opinion)

swansea.png?t=1307742089

For my next game it was at the City Ground against Coventry City which as you can see was fairly tense at times but in the ebd turned out to be a fairly comfortable win, with the pre-season goals thrown in for good measure

coventry.png?t=1307742395

Whilst all of this was happening there was some interesting news coming from up the A52 (for those of you that dont know, this is the main stretch of road that seperates Nottingham from Derby)

cloughsacked.png?t=1307742612

October continued

My final game of the month was going to be the hardest of the month, the League Cup 4th Round at home to Sunderland, i was quite confident going into this game mainly due to it being at home and the goals were once again going in although i also felt that im susceptable (if thats how is spelt) to conceding the odd goal or few and due to Sunderland being in the league above this could of been a big problem

sland2.png?t=1307742311

I tend to disagree with what the headline says a 3-2 win isn't normally what i would call a cruise

All in all October was a good month for me 4 games, 4 wins 3 of those in the league the other in the league cup, 14 goals scored and 6 conceded. The goals were again going in but there is still room for improvement for the defensive side of the game, whether this is down to my team tactics or not im not sure but if the team are winning then thats the main thing, but f people have suggestions for tactics then i'm happy to hear them especially if it still brings goals & clean sheets. For me the game of the month was the league cup against Sunderland mainly due to the fact that they a premier league team. There's still room for improvement defensively but right now as long as i'm winning i'm happy and i don't currently have the finances to be able to sign anyone, plus it is October and the only people i could get are on loan or free tranfers, but even the free transfers want too much in wages and i cant adjust my budget to accomodate any new players.

Here's what my board think at the moment in addition to my thoughts

SimonMoodyNews_Inbox.png?t=1307741869

One more commnent is just to say i obviously hope November continues in the same manner as October

November...

Following on from the good month i had in October i was keen for this form to continue, for this to take effect my first opposition of the month would be Crystal Palace at The City Ground, heres how i got on...

cpalace.png?t=1307984927

A little disappointing but not the end of the world, i earned a pint for the club and still plenty of games to go, next game would be agianst Reading, this game would be played at the Madejski, potentially this would be a hard game i felt, anyways here is how i got on...

reading.png?t=1307993422

Not what i had in mind for the result, i would of been perfectly happy to replicate the result i had in the game earlier against Crystal Palace and pick up a point. My next opponent would be Sheffield Utd at Bramall Lane....

sheffu.png?t=1307993487

A much better result and one that should hopefully bring confidence to the team and hopefully this could also be the start of another fairly decent run of good results. Up next would be Cardiff at home...

cardiff.png?t=1307984979

A good win at home to Cardiff bringing a little more confidence to the team, next up Norwich away

p><p>Not too disheartened by this result

derby.png?t=1307985036' alt='derby.png?t=1307985036'>

Totally devastating, wasn't expecting this result in the slightest, nothing more i could say other than i hope for revenge in the return leg at Pride Park. My next encounter and final game of November would be against Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium...

donny.png?t=1307985121

Based on the Derby result a much better performance even though it was only a draw and not the win that i was expecting.

Well thats it for November, some good results and some bad results but overall i was fairly happy with the results, with the exception of the Derby game. Hopefully going into the busy month that is December i would like to be there or there abouts come the new year in terms of promotion/playoff places.

novtable.png

As you can see i'm still in the playoff places and although i'm 6 points behind Ipswich, i have a game in hand on them and as you see so regularly in this league anyone can beat anyone so points can easily be picked up against the teams around you.

December got off to a fairly disappointing start although i wasn't too disappointed with the league cup tie against Blackburn at The City Ground, i initially felt that we could of won this game due to the home advantage and the positie result i had gained in the previous round against Sunderland. At least with the League Cup out of the way i could concentrate on the League and when it came round to it the F.A. Cup.

blackburnlc.png?t=1308054654

With the league cup tie over and done with it was back to the league with a fixture against Scunthorpe away, it was a game i felt it was a game that we should be winning as i don't see Scunthorpe as a strong team in a fairly difficult league...

scunny.png?t=1307993741

Again a fairly disappointing result but it was another point gained, next team i would face is Portsmouth at home. Again another fairly difficult team who had a few years in the Premier League. I forgot to upload screenshot for this game, but it was another 0-0 draw, so at the minute December hasn't been the greatest of months for me yet.

Next game is at home to Hull City, another former premiership team that should be expected to do well in the championship. Expectations weren't that high for this game considering i hadn't found the net in 270 minutes.

hull.png?t=1308056144

Amuch better result and plenty of goals too, sort of makes up for the lack of goals in the previous 3 games. Facing Nottingham Forest next would be Barnsley at Barnsley. I was expecting a good result against these following the 6-1 victory against Hull in the match earlier.

barnsley.png?t=1307994189

Not a great result especially as Barnsley scored deep into injury time and i was preparing for yet another 0-0 draw.

Another East Midlands derby for me in the next game with a trip to Leicester City, i was hoping for a win to back up the victory i had over Hull two games earlier

lester.png?t=1307993911

Yet another draw for me in December. Next game would be an important one would be against Ipswich, who are right up there at the moment so, this would be an important game for both camps, a win for me and i close the gap and obviously a win for them and they extend their lead in the league over me...

ipswich.png?t=1307993985

I got the result that i wanted and managed to close the gap on Ipswich, i felt that was an important win, with 2 gams left in December i was hoping this would spur the players on to bring back maximum points to head into the new year, in order to do this i would need to overcome firstly Middlesborough and Millwall, both of these games would be played at The City Ground...

mboro.png?t=1307993851

milwall.png?t=1307993793

1 win, 1 draw, was hoping for 2 wins to finish 2010 in style

and here is the league able as it stands

table.png

over 1/2 way gone through the season and i'm happy to say the least at my league position, my minimum aim the i set out to achieve at the sart of the season is still definately achievable, especially as i'm only 3 points behind the leaders, since my last screenshot post Ipswich have slipped down to 4th just behind myself and now Burnley occupy top spot as i'v already said 3 points ahead of myself. At this stage of the season the race for promotion is still wide open and in my eyes anyone down to Barnsley in 21st if not Millwall in 22nd could still achieve a play-off place. Although the two teams that i have mentioned would need a very strong 2011 to achieve this.

I will do the rest of the season later on today/tonight and any feedback on what i have done so far would be greatly appreciated

2011 begins with an away game at Preston, as always i like to start each month with a good positive performance and this one is no exception...

preston.png?t=1307994540

A goal disallowed could have been the turning point in the first half but it wasn't to be, not the start i had in mind for 2011 but still plenty of points up for grabs, up next was another away game, this time at Watford following my 1-1 draw with them earlier in the season i would be looking to emulate this, if not better this.

watford.png?t=1307994464

They duly delivered, my 1st win of 2011. I was happy with this win and was looking to carry this on into my next game, a 3rd encounter with a team from the Premier League, a home tie against West Ham in the F.A. Cup. I felt this would be a similar game to the ones with Sunderland and Blackburn, where they aren't the strongest on teams from the top league and could be prone to the odd upset or two.

westham.png?t=1307994391

Not the best result but at least i could have another bite of the cherry and try and beat them at Upton Park, which coincidently would be my next game.

westhamreplay.png?t=1307994312

As in my previous cup exit (League Cup vs Blackburn) i wasn't too disappointed by this loss as it was at the hands of a more superior team and it also allows my players more rest in order to achieve the automatic promotion that i had targeted myself, following the defeat to West Ham i was up against Q.P.R and yet again i have forgotten to upload a screenshot of the result. For the record, i suffered defeat again going down 2-1, with me taking the lead in the 51st minute only to suffer the worst possible ending to a game, conceding in the 86th and 91st minute of the game, giving my players no chance of a comeback.

February was a quiet month with only 3 games to be played, so with that it gives my players chance to rejuvanate a little, my 1st game of the quiet month would be at home to Burnley, who as things stood were top of the league, only by having one more win compared to me

burnley.png?t=1307994908

A good start to this month, hopefully this win will be backed up by winning against Leeds in Leeds, not going to be easy but i was confident of at least a point

leeds.png?t=1307994834

Not a great result but i had confidence in getting the results i needed to gain automatic promotion. Next game was Swansea at home, hoping to gain the required result and improve the confidence in the team after the heavy loss to Leeds.

swansea.png?t=1307994744

Following the defeat to Leeds, i'm very happy with this result, 2/3rds of my games won this month, or 6 points out of 9, board seem a little disappointed with this month especially the defeat to Leeds

boardc.png?t=1307995002

MARCH... A little busier than February with 5 games to be played 15 points at stake, my target for this month would be 10 points out of the 15. First up for this month would be Norwich City, in which i was looking for a good start to this month and a good start to what could be a tense final push for promotion

norwich.png?t=1307995251

A good win i feel and just what the Dr ordered, next up was an away trip to Crystal Palace, i was hoping to build on the victory n the previous game against Norwich

cpalace.png?t=1307995498

A good solid performance away from home saw me only needing 4 points to achieve my target for the month, next up was a trip to Coventry, following up on my 5-2 victory against them earlier in the season i was hoping for a repeat in the result

coventry.png?t=1307995299

Happy with that result, now a couple of games left for this month, Reading at home andthe revenge mission away to Derby County

reading.png?t=1307995171

sheep.png?t=1307995073

REVENGE COMPLETED!! Following the 0-0 draw with Reading that had matched my expectations for this month, and the defeat of Derby had exceeded them, 13 points out of 15, i'm very happy with that and hopefully this form can be taken into April.

table.png

Sitting pretty in 2nd place, i think i can thank the last months football for that, although had i picked up all the points available March i would of been top by virtue of gd.

bconf.png?t=1307995597

Following the month that i've just had a was looking to follow that up in April and secure at the least a playoff place, if not the automatic place that i had set out to achieve at the start of the campaign. 1st up was Sheffield Utd, i'd already beaten them in Sheffield and new that i could beat them in Nottingham, so heres how it went...

sheffu.png?t=1307995677

That result was just what i wanted, March and April now stood at 6 games, 5 wins and a draw, 16 out of 18 points and keeping the pressure on Cardiff above me, next game would be the league leaders, this game could prove pivitol in the race for the league title, where realistically only a win would do.

cardiff.png?t=1307996159

CardiffvNottmForestInformation_Overview.png

A crucial win against the league leaders, as you can see a very close game and one that both sides could of won, next game following that big 6 pointer would be at home to Doncaster, following the goals of the last game i was looking for more goals to come from my side to cement my place in the Premier League...

donny.png?t=1307996077

Not what i had in mind bu it still kept my 100% unbeaten record from March & April intact, something that i was looking to keep for the away trip to Hull, after the 6-1 demolition i gave them last time i was confident of another win against them this time around...

hull.png?t=1307995979

Definately not what i had in mind, when i lost this game it was the 12th April and my previous defeat before this one was against Leeds Utd on 12th February, so i had a decent unbeaten run in which had including the defeats to Leeds and Hull 11 games, in which i had taken 27 out of a possible 33 points.

My next game would be Scunthorpe Utd at home, following the defeat at the hands of Hull i was desperate to gain another win so that confidence was high going into the last 3 of the season...

scunny.png?t=1307995845

Not a great result, but as i've maintained throughout the season i gained a point. My next 3 games would be Portsmouth, Barnsley and my final game against Leicester. Yet again i forgot to upload a screenshot against Portsmouth, but i lost 2-1.

barnsley.png?t=1307996260

table.png

As you can see, i have a playoff place, personally this wouldn't be good enough at this stage as i suffered a heavy defeat to Barnsley at home and i wasn't that confident that i would be able to win against a team a few places below me should i have to go the playoff route, so to guarantee my place in the highest english league, i would have to match a better Burnley's result in their last league game.

Into May and the final league game of the season, as i have already said, matching Burnley would guarantee my automatic promotion place. This game would be played at home to Leicester City...

lester.png?t=1307996781

For me game of the season, an emphatic result and one that secures my place in the top flight of English football.

finaltable.png

The final finishing positions for the league. The Bottom team was Derby as my screenshot doesn't show this.

The other team promoted was Leeds Utd.

In other news from the footballing world is a huge shock, as i'm sure everyone will agree

wouldthishappeninreallife.png?t=1307996505

In addition to this, Real Madrid sacked Jose Mourinho, despite them winning the Champions League.

And thats it for this season, in a couple of days i will add progress from my pre-season results and signings.

Archived