Match preparation

So I have maxed the bars full all 3 strats I have, how should I handle match prepartion now ? Just have it on attack movement/defence positions all the time ? Or should I actually have it at "none" until day before the match ? Also when I move people around during match eg. put my wide midfielders to wingers, does it count as different strat that I havent maxed the stats for ?

The focus area you choose doesn't effect how fast your team learns your tactics (how fast the bars fill). The focus area's give your squad an attribute bonus for the next match in the area you select. If you wan't more attacking movement next game you select it before the match (doesn't matter how many days) and your team will play better in that area. Same for defensive positioning, attacking set pieces and defending set pieces. If you select none all the match preparation workload will go towards learning your tactics and your team won't receive any bonus next match. If you select team blend your team will blend together a little faster (this is the only focus area that has a long term effect so I use it often before less important or easier fixtures). To see how your team is blending check the assistant team talk report.

When I choose my focus area I look at the coming fixture and what tactical approach I will take. If I'm up against a stronger team who will play attacking football against my weaker side I might choose defending set pieces and then sit back, absorb all the corners and free kicks I give away and try to hit them on the break to get the 1-0. If I'm up against a weaker side who will probably sit back and play on the counter against me I will choose either attacking set pieces and try to make use of all the corners and free kicks I will get or use attacking movement to break down their defense in open play.

Archived