11.3 Tactics Comparison (show off ur tactic)

Mr. Hough 11.3 tactics comparison.

3 Pedigrees and a Tombstone Piledriver

Games:

Overall: W: 6 D: 2 L: 2 For: 18 Ag: 16

Home: 4-4-2: 2-1 4-2-3-1: 4-3 4-5-1: 3-1 4-1-2-1-2: 2-1 4-3-3: 2-1 W: 5 D: 0 L: 0 For: 13 Ag: 7

Away: 4-4-2: 1-1 4-2-3-1: 1-1 4-5-1: 0-4 4-1-2-1-2: 0-2 4-3-3: 3-1 W: 1 D: 2 L: 2 For: 5 Ag: 9

Statistics:

Overall: Shots: 12,1 On Target: 7,2 CCCs: 2,5 Long Shots: 2,3 Possession: 51,5% Average Rating: 7,1 Goals: 1,8 Shots on Target%: 59,5% Shots to goal%: 14,9%

Home: Shots: 15,2 On Target: 9,6 CCCs: 2,8 Long Shots: 3,4 Possession: 53,0% Average Rating: 7,3 Goals: 2,6 Shots on Target%: 63,2% Shots to goal%: 17,1%

Away: Shots: 9,0 On Target: 4,8 CCCs: 2,2 Long Shots: 1,2 Possession: 50,0% Average Rating: 6,9 Goals: 1,0 Shots on Target%: 53,3% Shots to goal%: 11,1%

Goalscorers:

STCr: 7

STC: 4

STCl: 3

DCl: 2

MCr: 1

MCl: 1

Cena Vs. The Rock

Games:

Overall: W: 7 D: 0 L: 3 For: 20 Ag: 13

Home: 4-4-2: 3-1 4-2-3-1: 3-1 4-5-1: 2-1 4-1-2-1-2: 2-1 4-3-3: 2-0 W: 5 D: 0 L: 0 For: 12 Ag: 3

Away: 4-4-2: 0-1 4-2-3-1: 3-1 4-5-1: 3-6 4-1-2-1-2: 1-2 4-3-3: 1-0 W:2 D: 0 L: 3 For: 8 Ag: 10

Statistics:

Overall: Shots: 13,3 On Target: 6,2 CCCs: 1,7 Long Shots: 2,9 Possession: 52,1% Average Rating: 7,1 Goals: 2,0 Shots on Target%: 46,6% Shots to goal%: 15,0%

Home: Shots: 18,2 On Target: 8,8 CCCs: 2,4 Long Shots: 4,4 Possession: 54,0% Average Rating: 7,3 Goals: 2,4 Shots on Target%: 48,4% Shots to goal%: 13,2%

Away: Shots: 8,4 On Target: 3,6 CCCs: 1,0 Long Shots: 1,4 Possession: 50,2% Average Rating: 6,9 Goals: 1,6 Shots on Target%: 42,9% Shots to goal%: 19,0%

Goalscorers:

STC: 9

STCr: 2

DCr: 2

DCl: 1

MCr: 1

OG: 1

The Viper

Games:

Overall: W: 5 D: 2 L: 3 For: 17 Ag: 16

Home: 4-4-2: 3-1 4-2-3-1: 3-1 4-5-1: 2-3 4-1-2-1-2: 2-0 4-3-3: 2-1 W: 4 D: 0 L: 1 For: 12 Ag: 6

Away: 4-4-2: 1-1 4-2-3-1: 1-1 4-5-1: 0-4 4-1-2-1-2: 0-2 4-3-3: 3-1 W: 1 D: 2 L: 2 For: 5 Ag: 9

Statistics:

Overall: Shots: 14,1 On Target: 7,2 CCCs: 2,8 Long Shots: 2,5 Possession: 44,1% Average Rating: 7,2 Goals: 2,1 Shots on Target%: 53,2% Shots to goal%: 14,9%

Home: Shots: 16,8 On Target: 9,4 CCCs: 3,2 Long Shots: 3,4 Possession: 44,6% Average Rating: 7,3 Goals: 2,4 Shots on Target%: 56,0% Shots to goal%: 14,3%

Away: Shots: 11,4 On Target: 5,6 CCCs: 2,4 Long Shots: 1,6 Possession: 43,6% Average Rating: 7,1 Goals: 1,8 Shots on Target%: 49,1% Shots to goal%: 15,8%

Goalscorers:

STC: 11

STCr: 5

DCr: 1

Rankings:

Shots:

1. Viper - 14,1

2. Cena - 13,3

3. 3P - 12,1

On Target:

1. Viper - 7,5

2. 3P - 7,2

3. Cena - 6,2

CCCs:

1. Viper - 2,8

2. 3P - 2,5

3. Cena - 1,7

Long Shots:

1. Cena - 2,9

2. Viper - 2,5

3. 3P - 2,3

Possession:

1. Cena - 52,1

2. 3P - 51,5

3. Viper - 44,1

Average Rating:

1. Viper - 7,2

2. 3P - 7,1

2. Cena - 7,1

Goals:

1. Viper - 2,1

2. Cena - 2,0

3. 3P - 1,8

Goals Against:

1. Cena - 1,4

2. 3P - 1,6

2. Viper - 1,6

Shots on Target%:

1. 3P - 59,5%

2. Viper - 53,2%

3. Cena - 46,6%

Shots to goal%:

1. Cena - 15,0%

2. 3P - 14,9%

2. Viper - 14,9%

I should admit that Flohrinho is the main person in this thread.. I'll update my OP with your testing above.. And I think is it worth for us to test like these? it really consumes too much time,.. maybe after these testing that you had delivered to us, we can discuss what to do next.. but u're really a good man Flohrinho..

I appreciate that you guys take the time to test out tactics, but I would like to point out that it might take longer than 10 games just to get familiar with the tactic. I am pretty sure that it is almost impossible to play with only one tactic and not change anything during a season to have 100% success.

Here is a game that I played over the weekend (I holidayed a season and then took up one of the newly Promoted teams in the Spanish 3rd tier):

Final League Table: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png

Fixture part 1: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3617/udmarbellamarbellafixtu.png

Fixture part 2: http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3617/udmarbellamarbellafixtu.png

Form: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png (the last 4 results not included in stats)

Corners: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png (to show I was not using any exploit)

Number of Game Saves: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/941/gamemarbellastatus.png (to show I am not reloading)

I, of course, used the tactics in my thread. In this case I was using mainly the 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 tactics, but did use 4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-2 a few times here and there. I look out for opposition formation positions and what type of formations the opposition struggles with (only at times) to make a more or less correct tactical assumption. It is not always about what formation you chose - but more importantly to know what type of Strategy (Mentality) is best suited for your next match. I will be posting more screen shots in my thread later tonight, if anyone has any questions or anything please feel free to do so... :thup:

hi thanks to show some interest in this thread and for those posting.. :) ur tactic looks amazing.. ah ya, I would like to say that of course we cant get the team become fluid before the game.. but we use some editor which is FMRTE to adjust the match preparation to become fluid before we test the game..

but at the end, me and flohrinho can concluded that tactic play in some part of the success (you can refer to post 48..

I appreciate that you guys take the time to test out tactics, but I would like to point out that it might take longer than 10 games just to get familiar with the tactic. I am pretty sure that it is almost impossible to play with only one tactic and not change anything during a season to have 100% success.

Here is a game that I played over the weekend (I holidayed a season and then took up one of the newly Promoted teams in the Spanish 3rd tier):

Final League Table: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png

Fixture part 1: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3617/udmarbellamarbellafixtu.png

Fixture part 2: http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3617/udmarbellamarbellafixtu.png

Form: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png (the last 4 results not included in stats)

Corners: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png (to show I was not using any exploit)

Number of Game Saves: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/941/gamemarbellastatus.png (to show I am not reloading)

I, of course, used the tactics in my thread. In this case I was using mainly the 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 tactics, but did use 4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-2 a few times here and there. I look out for opposition formation positions and what type of formations the opposition struggles with (only at times) to make a more or less correct tactical assumption. It is not always about what formation you chose - but more importantly to know what type of Strategy (Mentality) is best suited for your next match. I will be posting more screen shots in my thread later tonight, if anyone has any questions or anything please feel free to do so... :thup:

nyway, what is ur thread? and you had holidayed for a long season? and the result i must admit is just fantastic for the newly promoted team.. will you upload the tactic? :p then during you holidayed it, so it'll simply only 1 tactic will be used. am i right?

nyway, what is ur thread? and you had holidayed for a long season? and the result i must admit is just fantastic for the newly promoted team.. will you upload the tactic? :p then during you holidayed it, so it'll simply only 1 tactic will be used. am i right?

I holidayed for a season without being a manager, I then took over one of the Promoted teams and then played the game without Holidaying (of course ;)). Just to make it a little harder I used my RL Nationality (Danish, so I couldn't speak Spanish) & chose Sunday League Manager. I do NOT use only one formation because to win a lot of the games you need to know what type of strategy you can use for your next match (re: Overload, Attacking, Control, Standard, Counter, Defensive & Contain). They all have a purpose in game and once you know how/when they work the game becomes a lot easier...

Ah, I see.. nyway, good job on ur result Loversleaper.. :)

Currently no testing to be tested,.. Flohrinho, are you still doing testing? I think we can stop doing testing as we know there got no point in testing the tactics since we know that tactic play a little part in the success..

cheers Floh and well done..

I holidayed for a season without being a manager, I then took over one of the Promoted teams and then played the game without Holidaying (of course ;)). Just to make it a little harder I used my RL Nationality (Danish, so I couldn't speak Spanish) & chose Sunday League Manager. I do NOT use only one formation because to win a lot of the games you need to know what type of strategy you can use for your next match (re: Overload, Attacking, Control, Standard, Counter, Defensive & Contain). They all have a purpose in game and once you know how/when they work the game becomes a lot easier...

Well that pretty much sums up why I actually think that the information we gain by only testing tactics is pretty useless. The sole effect on a unchanged tactic at the outcome of a game is around 10% imo and not really worth testing to such extend that I did.

One of the main reasons is that the game flow really changes after you are a goal down or up and you need to make changes when this happens in order to get good results on a constant basis.

In other words if you are a good manager and now how to utilize your players you can make almost any formation with any team work and if you don't know your stuff it's pretty much a given you won't even get constantly good results with a world class team.

Concerning the getting used to a tactic that was actually done with FMRTE and the team needed no games at all to get used to tactics you can just change everything to 100% in match prep.

Well that pretty much sums up why I actually think that the information we gain by only testing tactics is pretty useless. The sole effect on a unchanged tactic at the outcome of a game is around 10% imo and not really worth testing to such extend that I did.

One of the main reasons is that the game flow really changes after you are a goal down or up and you need to make changes when this happens in order to get good results on a constant basis.

In other words if you are a good manager and now how to utilize your players you can make almost any formation with any team work and if you don't know your stuff it's pretty much a given you won't even get constantly good results with a world class team.

Concerning the getting used to a tactic that was actually done with FMRTE and the team needed no games at all to get used to tactics you can just change everything to 100% in match prep.

hi Flohrinho,

currently I'm playing a save game, for the first half of the season i was using preset 442 and the second half of the season i was using preset 433..

and I'm using Manchester City, the achievements that I had: (1st season)

- League Cup

- EPL

so it conclude that, if we have a good management that keep the player's morale good all the time, then we also can achieve result out there..

cheers

@Flohrinho, do you still doing testing?

hi Flohrinho,

currently I'm playing a save game, for the first half of the season i was using preset 442 and the second half of the season i was using preset 433..

and I'm using Manchester City, the achievements that I had: (1st season)

- League Cup

- EPL

so it conclude that, if we have a good management that keep the player's morale good all the time, then we also can achieve result out there..

cheers

@Flohrinho, do you still doing testing?

No testing at the moment since I wanted to spend some time actually playing the game. The thing is I'm pretty much sure that tactics have lost significantly in value when it comes to winning games compared to FM10 where you could dominate the league with just setting up one tactic and not much caring about anything else.

In FM11 I usually have 3 tactics that allow me a lot of variation so I can respond to almost every situation during games without having to change to something my team isn't used to. I think having a defensive, control and offensive tactic in your repertoire and having a team that is used to playing all three is the way to go in FM11, so testing just a single tactic is actually not really useful.

Archived