How to set up a good poacher

Hi, 1st time I have posted in this part of the forum, basically I am managing Hellas Verona in Seire C in Italy, just started out, and I was thinking what would the sliders and player instructions be for a poacher like Fillipo Inzaghi, I have a player who is 33 who has good off the ball, finishing, anticipation and composure, and I want him to like get tap ins etc from inside the box, basically a fox in the box, like Inzaghi, and just wondering what player instruction would work well, Cheers

The key to setting a poacher up isn't the poacher himself its about the supply and players he has around for. To get a poacher to work he needs to have players drawing the defence out of position. He needs to have a supply of thru balls, crosses, knock ons etc. Make sure he gets the proper supply and he'll score regardless of what he's set up as.

I have a target man who is dropping deep and can win the ball in the air, and hopefully get a few assists via knock ons, and also got two wingers who are crossing the ball in often and one in CM wish through balls on high and he also has a bit of creativity, and the Poacher has little creative freedom, quite high on the attacking slider, and also run with ball and run from deep are on rarely, as is long shots, should that work do you think?

Archived