Mid-Season "rest" Training Schedules.

Anyone got any advice? For years my training schedules have been fairly constant, hovering up at the top of "Medium" training. Rarely have I employed different schedules at different times of the year, and would love some advice as to how you guys have tackled this.

Thanks a million, gents.

Apparently each rest option rests a player for the whole week. Not sure if that is fixed in FM11.

Anyway if I am in the middle of a busy fixture list and players end a game knackered I will often give them a weeks rest from training. Particularly those that took knocks but didn't pick up any injuries.

It does what now?!...

I've been resting my players one day after each match! (FM10)

What used to happen is that the AI 'read' the schedules once a week. If a player was rested on that day, it assumed he rested all week; if he wasn't rested that day, it didn't notice the day of rest at all.

wow this is news to me too. I've only recently starting using the rest option and had been wondering why it didn't seem to be very effective. I guess this explains why. so is there a way to actually make it work on fm10?

It rests players for a week. So only use it when you are willing to give players a weeks rest.

I use it during December/January times when players finish matches with low condition. It's not as flexible as it could be but it is still useful.

Archived