Help with train for this regen please - FM10

Hi fellas. I have this regen with only 18 years and been playing in under-19 team. I want him to be my next ball winning midfielder but he lacks some important attributes.

My 1st team ball winning midfielder ( wich is superb) is his tutor.

Here he is:

1051usk.jpg

Tutor:

dh5p8i.jpg

Now as you can see, if I want him to play that role in a high level competition he must have better positioning ( wich is really poor) and stamina (I use high closing down for this position) and maybe better decisions. Better teamwork would be awesome too but maybe its asking for too much as all of them are really really low.

I would like you to help me create a training schedules that could make him develop especially in those attributes. I'm a noob in training section. Thanks alot

As for training, just train strength, defending and tactics a lot more than the other categories, while not completely neglecting the other categories. Just keep an eye out at his progress, and adapt his training schedule as he goes. Just replicate the general schedule, and start shifting things around. For every strength notch you go up/down, take an aerobics notch the other way. Compensate in the same way in the other 5 categories (tactics, ball control, defending, attacking, shooting) by taking one down a notch for every other stat you go up by a notch.

Just a tip though, this kid isn't made to be a ball winning midfielder. His bravery, aggression and positioning is way too low. That said, put him on an individual training schedule with at least high tactics training. His teamwork, off the ball and positioning are all too low to be an effective midfielder. Then put his individual focus on stamina training. You can probably make a good all round midfielder out of him. Maybe a deep-lying playmaker. Actually, turning him into a striker would also work.

Frank327 thanks for reply. You're right, I will see how he goes with training. But I have a doubt. For example let say that in the general schedule every categorie it's in the middle. If I raise tactics by 5, I take down 5 notches in aerobics? thanks.

No, aerobics and strength are on a different scale than the rest of them. So keep the total physical training (strength and aerobics) the same as the general schedule, and the total of the other categories the same. That way you'll be sure to have a balanced training schedule.

Teamwork and position are way to low for a DM or MC role. He won't pass to anyone...... nor will he be in a usefull defensive position.

His OTB is very low too, so you would need to work on that, but as his teamworks is so low, he may very well make a usefull poacher (ie someone that doesnt really involve anyone else).

The only physical attribute you would want to work on is the stamina, all the others are perfectly fine and you would do much much better concentrating on tactical and mental skills..... ie tactics training AND lots and lots and lots of high level tutoring.

I would retrain him as a striker to ensure his CA gain is in the right areas.

Don't bother with his jumping.... its to low to be of benefit and even if he can jump, the ball is just as likely to smash him in the face as it is to land on his head.

Yeah, i was thinking he'd be better retrained as a poacher if you can improve his Off the Ball, or a defensive forward if you can improve his stamina. His Positioning and Teamwork are both pretty low to try and improve to a good enough level, and his speed, finishing and skill would be wasted in midfield. You could still make use of his defensive abilities by having him try to win the ball higher up the pitch as the first line of defence, he could be a real nuisance that way... i personally like trying to win the ball off the opposition defensive players as you have a lot more space to attack if you can, and doing it helps if you've got a converted midfielder who's good in the tackle. Depends if you play a pressing game or not, of course.

with heavy investment in stamina (so strength training) and teamwork and positioning (tactics training) he could become a good all-round midfielder. Box-to-box or central midfielder (automatic) would be good. Good thing your tutor has good mental stats, that should nudge em up a bit.

or, you could make a decent poacher out of him, the biggest obstacle being his low off-the ball and his position.

Archived