FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

finally had some time to play icon14.gif

all my injured players are back only makoun needs to be comming back with care (severly unfit)

league so far played 12 won 10 and drew 2 but not scoring to much so needs to be worked on maybe other tactics

champions league only played 2 won 1 and drew 1 at porto 3-3 (after 3-0 down in first half i came back and denied a penalty to win the game)

league cup i'm through to last 16 playing a second division team

currently negotiating to buy simao (at. madrid out of favour) to fill my amr spot, saviola (tranferlisted at real) maybe to replace huntelaar because i'm not happy with him and torje also to fill amr spot

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kyle_11:

Just started a game with Lyon

I've bought

Van Der Vaart

Jan-Klaas Huntelaar

Eddie Johnson

But now I only have around £5 million to spend and I really need a keeper and a defender

Any suggestions

since you've bought two strikers try to offload baros, also sell muller, dos santos and vercoutre than you can buy kameni or if you want to keep it french go for costil great gk imo

Costils team want 1 million for him is it worth it

yes trust me mate but i only used him second season he already has been called up for french -21 team together with ben arfa, benzema, abenzoar, menez icon14.gif

Originally posted by SpillBlood:

Can get Frey for 10Mil upfront and 10mil of 12 months.

Only prob is he wants 75k a week, is it worth it?

No. That is too much when you still have Coupet. 6 months isnt forever and if you need an immediate alternative then go for someone cheaper. Lloris just as good imo. 75k a week is a ridiculous wage for a goalkeeper in League 1 anyway.

Finally vdv is showing the great things i've heard and read about him.

I had an away game at Shaktar (champions league) and we won it 0-3, vdv scoring three icon14.gif, but i played him just behind the strikers and i normally play him on the middleline (free role, long shots ...).

Just looking now if he performs the same on his usual spot.

@ kyle_11

If Barthez is already gone, then try getting in a keeper on loan.

maybe Almunia of Arsenal or Itandje of Liverpool or Hilario of Chelsea. They are just 3 that popped into my head.

Or you could get a reserve keeper on the cheap, like polizolli from Reggina who will cost about £2.5m, and is actually a very good keeper.

3rd Season

My season so far at beginning of Sept (end of transfer window), is undefeated in league but lost Champs Trophy 2-1 to Le Mans, who are the only side i have dropped points against in the league after getting a 2-2 draw there.

Bruno Cheyrou is best player in team at moment, alongside either Bodmer or Juninho, keeping Thiago Mota out of the side!

Schweclen is also playing out of his skin, so much so that I sold Cris for £3.5m to Sevilla.

Filipe playing well, so sold Grosso for £5.5m to Newcastle.

Most of young keepers out on loan. So have De Sanctis as no1, with Jourdren as no2 followed by De Gea and Vercoutre (no one wants him even for £0!!!) and Degre and Wang Dalei out on loan. Mendy and Clercs form Meant i had to sell Reveillere for £3.5m to Portsmouth.

Sold Eagles for £4.4m to Wigan, and brought Alex back from loan, although sent my other 2 Brazilian youngsters (Sergio Mota and Thiago) out on loan to Braga and Lille respectively. Still can't get rid of Jiayi, he's out on loan at Cadiz.

Altidore, Ekra and Saivet all out on loan.

Also released 5 youngsters. And lots more out on loan.

Staff have changed a little as well. Lost Gianni Nanni to Bayern Munich, and got rid of Galtier and Valette.

My new Asst Manager is Brian McClair, First Team Coach is Marcel Desailly, and 2 new Gk Coach's (i now have 3 altogether) in Kopke from HSV and Martini from Vallodolid, who are the German national Gk coach and the French national Gk coach.

So 1st XI now looks like:

GK De Sanctis,

DR Clerc

DL Filipe

DC Squillaci

DC Schweclen

MR Keita

ML Ben Arfa

MC Bodmer

MC Cheyrou

FC Benzema

FC Zarate

2nd XI:

GK Jourdren

DR Mendy

DL Juelsgard

DC Ignashevich

DC Aythami/Kruiswijk

MR Alex

ML Yao

MC Thiago Mota

MC Juninho

FC Baros

FC Falcao

Only problem is that my captain (Juninho) and Vice captain (Ignashevich) both find themselves in the 2nd XI!!!

Purefun what formation do you play

my formation that i use for every team i manage if i have enough defensive midfielders is this one :

3 central defenders

2 defensive midfielders behind the middleline

3 attacking midfielders (with arrows) on the middleline

2 strikers (one free role and targetman)

i made this tactic way back in 1998-99 and it made me win a lot so i stick with it

personal instructions for players isn't that hard just use common sense and you'll figure it out

OK. computer crashed last night the second after i did that post, so have gone back to last save which is 23rd august, so one week of transfer window left. Also Cris and Reveillere are still here!

A Purefan

Falcao cost me £2.8m from River in first season, then i sent him to Spain for 2 years to get himself an EU passport.

Also I think that one of my young keepers (Hartock, Gorguelin(sp?), Dalei, Jourdren, De Gea) will be ready to take more of an important role next season, maybe push De Sanctis to no2. My bets are on Jourdren at the moment.

Hey, I've just finished my second season with Lyon.

I'm needing a new GK (Coupet and Barthez are declining). Lloris and Costil have both moved already. Probably a new DC for cover(Mullers old, his contracts out though it could mean some more games for Abenzoar), a new MC for cover of Toulalan/Juninho/Bodmer(Tryin for Diaby he was top notch when I loaned him on the first season but can't get Arsenal to sell).

DM I'm a bit so-so, I have Banega, Flamini and Bodmer incase. Banega and Flamini have had a poor season and have poor heading which is making me wonder.

I have one Non-EU place left and 40million to spend. If need be I'll post a picture of my squad/tactic. Any help is gratefully appreciated :].

Originally posted by SpillBlood:

Lyon Team & Tactic

//Aspirin - I missed out on Cheyrou :[ saw him too late, same with Theo Walcott!

gk : you need a new one (not if gorgelin is great) otherwise try joris delle, jourdren to keep it french, others akinfeev (expensive), ochoa, ustari, frey

dl : traore

dc : abenzoar

dc : squillaci or paillot (if he is already great)

dr : clercq

dm : banega always banega worldstar great player, awesome, immense ... icon_biggrin.gif

cm : bodmer (attacking)

cm : toulalon (more controlling) also a worldstar

aml : menez icon14.gif rotate with ben arfa maybe (have a weak spot for him)

amr : keita icon14.gif

striker : only benzema simply amazing and by now one of the worlds best imho

le tallec and pongolle are not good enough for lyon also imo sell them and buy another striker to rotate with benzema or use as a sub for every last 20 minutes or so maybe someone like falcao, palacio ...

could you post your screenies from every years selling/buying you did??? many thx

Le Tallec was literally just an emergency backup because he was free, plus I like to keep it French ;]. I know he needs selling :].

Transfers 07 - 08

Transfers 08 - 09

Pongelles Stats

Just thought I'd show you Pongolles form from last season. He also was an emergency buy due to a 7m Min. Fee and didn't to do bad at all. I could sell him for double of what I paid for him I reckon now to bring more money in if need be.

Originally posted by purefun:

spillblood

i stand corrected for pongolle icon14.gif

transfer from baros is funny i sold him to Marseille to for less though

was fred sold by the chairman??

Nope, max I could get for him. I kept trying to him out, giving him chances and he was a major flop so I sold him.

Can you think of a backup AMR for Keita? I'm thinking of selling Aaritalo, I could get atleast 20mil over 18 months and it'll give me funds to get a decent keeper(Since there not cheap, at all) and a youth striker for rotation of Pong and Benz.

well i currently have walcott and gourcuff on loan and they are both great but probably expensive

i need reinforcement to on my rightflank i was bidding on montolivio, quagliarella, taddei, mancini, simao, gourcuff, quaresma, nani, navas and a couple of italians but no club was excepting my bids (made a few unhappy though)

also torje is a great player

i'm buying walcott, gourcuff, torje, simao its between those four and maybe a fifth gouffran well known on these forums check him out

Walcott just went on a free to At. Madrid ;[ I could loan him for a season though. I missed Torje and he ended up as PSG aswell.

I've just nailed 23mil for Ustari, on a Keeper I won't replace for another 15 years or so isn't bad going imo :]. Now for a backup =(, Coupets wages are way to high for a backup player. Degre if I can persuade St. Et to let him go. I'll let you know who I get as a backup AMR, need to find someone who'll take Le Tallec first.

spillblood

also have a look at obertan (bordeaux) great player totally forgot about him, made a bid for him was declined but he immediatly went unhappy at not being allowed to talk to me icon_biggrin.gif

anyway i'm through to the next round of league cup playing rennes icon_frown.gif

also qualified for next phase of champions league after playing four games icon14.gif

fred, benzema and keita (immense) are players of beginning of second season (currently somewhere in november 2008)

Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> anyway i'm through to the next round of league cup playing rennes

Rennes such a hard team to beat. Briand up top, Mensah the rock at the back. Good luck man! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell me about it pfff

mensah is sold to zaragoza if i'm correct icon14.gif

but briand is banging them in as usual would love to have him but they wont sell to me icon13.gif

Started a new season with Lyon icon_smile.gif i'm around 12 games in i think..

drew 3-3 with Man Utd in Champions League and 0-0 with Sporting Lisbon (i should have won)

but im coasting past every team in the French League

Here is my team - http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=60672938ak0.jpg

I need to strengthen my defence but i will have Cris back soon and he will replace Anderson.. Who doesnt play very well...

But what do you all think icon_smile.gif?

Thx

interesting tactic

great frontline but you should always play benzema mate, you probably score often i guess

middleline needs adjusting imo, keita is great on the right but less on the left so put keita on the right and dump govou and put ben arfa on the left

defence looks great imo only when cris is back replace anderson

bryceCFC

Originally posted by purefun:

interesting tactic

great frontline but you should always play benzema mate, you probably score often i guess

middleline needs adjusting imo, keita is great on the right but less on the left so put keita on the right and dump govou and put ben arfa on the left

defence looks great imo only when cris is back replace anderson

sorry forgot to say sell dos santos

and did you sell toulalon???

post a screenie of your sellings and buyings please thx

Yeah, i tried to sell Dos Santos, but no one was interested in him.

I also try to fit Benzema in but he's too inconsistent for me, he will play good for a week then just play real bad for a week. Whereas my 3 other strikers seem to play well with each other.

I sold Toulalan for £17Million, and Muller for 950K . That gave me enough to bring in Palacio and Pandev.

I had to let Loic Remy go, he wasn't good enough for my team and i had to free some wage up before i went into debt.

Transfers - http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=61626659ng9.jpg

bryceCFC thx

glory utd welcome back again icon_biggrin.gif

had three games in 9 days, no biggie you would say, but it was against bordeaux, marseille and PSG, proud to say i won them all (a lot of praising now thank you) icon_rolleyes.gif

have bought gouffran an amr from another french team (forgot name though) so one of my loans needs to go but they are playing so good i have a hard decision ahead of me (wallcot and gourcuff) cost + 5 mil euro

also bought that alex from vasco, he is coming 01.09.2009 for 4.4 mil euro releaseclause, sending him to my feeder in spain

stil trying to get obertan (he is unhappy) but no luck yet

Originally posted by glory utd:

Are we able to sign more then 4 non europeans and send them directly out on loan on this version or is it the same as 07 where it was no more then 4 non europeans and thats it full stop?

yes you can sign more i have 5 non-eu players and a sixth coming in january

the thing is they immediatly ask you to "submit numbers" don't do that send him on loan if possible to a spanish club (only takes 2 years) if i had known this in the beginning of the game i could have signed more non-eu players esp. those young brazilian players (lulinha, alex, kardec ...)

What formations/instructions do you all use?

I've just started a game with Lyon and am really struggling to score. Getting a little fed up of only ever winning by one or two goals, even when predicted to do far better.

Currently I'm trying to buy Van Der Vaart and thinking of Montolivo. I've got Ignashevich, Saivet and Barthez on free's, and have sold Baros.

Any Suggestions?

Archived